Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm   

CMUD v3.31 & ZMapper

I was just playing around and thought why not get zMapper and play with it. So I downloaded it and installed it. Cmud was running at the same time.
I went to my map for SOI and tried to open it in zMapper. zMapper locked up so I had to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill both apps. I decided to open CMUD and to my surprise when opening it I got the access violation error and clicked okay button. I just let it run and finally it stopped and I was able to see the session window. I closed CMUD and restarted it now every time I open cmud I get the access violation error and it takes forever for it to load to the session window. Now CMUD is eating mu processes too.

I am running Windows 7 Home Edition

Oh yeah. I've close CMUD and opened it several times and the error message above is the EXACT same each time.

Addtional note: I uninstall zMapper and now CMUD runs fine.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 pm   

Cmud v.3.xx involves a significant change to the format of the map database. Zmapper cannot work with this new map version.

It is possible to use the separate map converter program to convert a 3.xx map back to an old-style map, use Zmapper to modify it, then convert it back to a 3.xx version map for use in Cmud. Ultimately, Zugg intends to either make a new Cmapper program, or include most of the functionality of Zmapper in Cmud Pro. Right now, Cmud Pro already has all of the COM functionality of Zmapper, but it is not properly documented. What documentation exists is in the Zmapper help files.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:59 pm   

The other issue is that zMapper doesn't fully support Vista or Windows 7. You will probably need to right-click on the zMapper.exe file and in the Compatibility properties, turn on the "Run as Admin" option.

When CMUD sees the zmapper.exe file, CMUD will try to run it to check the zMapper license, and that will cause the above crash on Vista/Win7 because zMapper needs Admin privs (just like zMUD does). Deleting the zmapper.exe file will prevent this.

Finally, again, please remember to post issues to the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM and not this Beta forum. 3.31 is not a beta version, so you should post to the main forum so that other users can benefit from the answer to your question.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 pm   

I realized I was in the wrong forum after I posted it. Thanks for the clarification Zugg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: