Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sav
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 pm   

Walk into every room in a single zone

Is there anyway to get the shortest path to walk through all the rooms in a single zone?

I'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for so forgive me if the answer is somewhere in the forums and i've missed it.

Basically, i want to walk through all the rooms in a single zone and do a single command in each room. It would be best if all the commands was sent at once.

Thanks.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 pm   

If you are asking whether there is any automatic function already built in Cmud to do this, the answer is no.
If you are asking whether the problem can be solved mathematically, the answer is yes. But I don't think there is a general mathematical algorithm for doing it in the general case where there is a variable number of exits per room and there are no limits on which rooms the exits could connect. In essence, it would be a matter of trying and eliminating thousands of possible paths. You could write a script in Cmud to do that, but it would be an awful lot of work. If you only have one or two zones on a specific mud you want to do this in, you probably don't want to go to the effort of writing a general solution. Just make up a path that will be sufficient for that particular zone and don't worry too much about whether it is the most efficient theoretically possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: