Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:46 pm   

[v3.30] Hiding Zone link Text

Is there a way to hide the text shown on the map for the zone the link is connected to?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 pm   

Yes, there are two options but currently they both apply to both sides of the link. You couldn't have one side be blank and the other show some text, for example.

1)open up room properties and uncheck the Draw Link option for the exit. This will remove the telltale zone-link dot at the end of the exit stub, so if you want to differentiate between these no-label zone links and actual unexplored stub exits you may want to turn on the Show Untested Links Grey option in the Appearance tab of the Mapper Configuration Settings.

2)open up room properties and put a space in the Label textbox for the exit with the zone link. This leaves the dot but replaces "to Wherever" with a space. As far as I can tell, this "empty label" doesn't visually interfere with adjacent rooms except in the normal circumstances where link lines might overlap.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 pm   

That they only way to hide the link lablel? Then I would like to request this feature to be added. What does everyone else do? It just looks awful sloppy.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:44 am   

Those are the only two ways to hide the label, yes, unless you count deleting links. I used to do #1, but I like the way #2 looks better so I'll be switching to that.

Keep in mind that Zugg will have a buttload of Phase 3 mapper upgrades coming in at some point (while I assume it'll happen in version 4, not sure it'd be earlier in the version history or after some other major project gets going) to better "complete" the mapper. Much of it is the incorporation of zMapper features in Pro, but he's also looking at improving room detection in general and various convenience features in Configuration Settings (ie, independant properties for each side of a link).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: