Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm   

About the 3.30 version

OK, I have uploaded the 3.30 RC4 version. This is the tentative PUBLIC VERSION that we have all been waiting for!

I will update the "Check for new version" server later tonight if there is no show-stopping issue.

Next week I need to go visit my parents to see my Dad after his radiation treatment. We will be gone a couple of weeks. I do not want to release a real public version right before leaving town. So I'm going to let the beta testers play with this "public" version during the next couple of weeks to look for any remaining CRITICAL issues.

Note the emphasis on CRITICAL! I will not be adding any new features, nor will I change anything that is complex or hard to debug. If you find a major issue that is easy to reproduce, then post it and I'll see what I can do. But we really need to move this version along. It's already far better than the 2.37 version and we need to get people using this new version soon.

I'll be most interested in problems that also effect TeSSH since I'll be sending out press releases and promoting TeSSH worldwide when I return in a couple of weeks. That means I'm less likely to worry about CMUD-specific issues, like mapper stuff.

Is this version perfect? I doubt it. No software is ever completely bug free. I'm sure when this version is released to the public and gets more exposure that more bugs and problems will get reported. While I am very grateful to all of the people who helped with the Beta Testing, we really didn't have enough people participating in the beta testing to find all of the problems. So I'm sure this won't be the last public version of 3.x. But hopefully it will be better than the v2.24 public release which took 13 more versions to reach 2.37.

Thanks again for all of the help with the testing. Feel free to have your friends start playing with the 3.30 version.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:48 pm   

Thanks Zugg, I know I'm not alone in understanding that you've put a LOT of leg-work into getting this to where it is now. There's definitely been some very frustrating moments, but you've simply solved the issues and helped us all pull through to this moment. I'm glad to finally see this point, as I'm sure you are, and certainly am crossing my fingers that nothing major pops up. Very Happy
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:08 am   

Not sure why, but the corruption issue from before has resurfaced. i.e. the one I made some videos about with the high increase of mem usage from CMUD while it tried to load up the session (blank white screen). I saved the XML of the session, deleted it, and then deleted it from the CMUD folder and re-made it and I'm sure it will work fine now, but I'm unsure of why or how it corrupted a second time, however, it did it right after the v3.30 update. An odd, minor thing. I don't expect it to be fixed, not sure it's even happening to others, but would be interested to know what's going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: