Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 am   

#GAGON and #C+

i notice that neither one of these gatheres the initial triggering line.
Do i really have to gag and capture it separale?

Why are these exclusive when #GAGOFF and #C- are inclusive? Should not both be one or the other?

Myself... I don't mind it being exclusive if both are. perhaps it could be an added parameter? boolean with 0 for exclusive

I assume these commands make a simple trigger on * for thier duration or something similar... perhaps the priority could be set to last so it has a chance to be turned off before its gagged and captured?
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:23 pm   

Quote:
i notice that neither one of these gatheres the initial triggering line.

That's just the way it has always worked. If you want to gag/capture the first line, it's easy to add a #GAG or #CAPTURE command. However, if you *didn't* want it to gag the first line and it did, there would be no workaround. So the current implementation is more flexible, and also will not change for backwards compatibility reasons.
Quote:
Why are these exclusive when #GAGOFF and #C- are inclusive? Should not both be one or the other?

I don't really understand what you are saying. The #GAG and #CAPTURE are completely separate. You can just gag, just capture, or gag+capture. I don't see any need for any additional parameters, but then again, I don't really understand what you are asking for.

None of these commands make any trigger. They gag until you issue #GAGOFF and capture until you issue #C-.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:47 pm   

He's asking why #GAGON and #GAGOFF (and #C+ and #C- for capturing) don't operate on their respective trigger lines in the same way. That is, if #GAGON is not going to gag the first line then #GAGOFF should not gag the last line.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:10 pm   

Ah, OK, I understand better now. Not sure what else to say except that this is the way it has worked even back in zMUD for many years. Not something I want to change now. I don't want to break existing scripts.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:03 am   

Other changes have been made.
I think most people avoid these commands because they can get tricky if it falls out of sync.
So the number of scripts affected is likely to be small.
We want uniformity, no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: