Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 am   

#MXP from within GMCP trigger

Not a big priority and I don't know if this is even a bug or the way its supposed to be, but using #MXP for the main window are completely ignored if its called from within a GMCP trigger (I am using #MXP to show some stuff that has <send> and other stuff)

(for now I am just storing the gmcp data in a variable, and then using an temporary alarm to call a script that would have done the processing and this is an ok workaround with me)
Martaigne
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 am   

You might want to browse this thread: http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35792

It sounds like #MXP is not available at this level.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 pm   

MXP is not available within GMCP. The purpose of GMCP is to send data to the client in the background that is un-synchronized from the rest of the normal MUD output. CMUD actually processes any telnet option (including GMCP) before processing the rest of the next in the buffer. So you really have no idea where your MXP output will be displayed since you don't have control over when the MUD sends it's GMCP data. You should never try to synchronize the two data streams or make any assumptions about when they are sent. Packet boundries in the Internet packets might also cause changes.

Setting an #alarm to fire is probably the best way. Or, just set some variables that other normal triggers can use when they trigger on the main text stream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: