Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 am   

[3.28] Mapper Blue Rooms

I've never seen this until a I was updating rooms for gmcp.
I cant find a file where it says what the blue rooms stand for.. any suggestions?

I did search.. but the only thing that I could find is it means its water.

If thats the case.. its virtually useless to me currently.. anyway to disable it?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 am   

I don't play any GMCP muds, but I'm pretty that's the coloring shown to indicate that the vNum for a room has not been confirmed against that which was received via GMCP.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:16 pm   

Harley the mapper doesn't color any rooms on its own for water or environments like that. As Tech said what you are probably seeing are the rooms where their vNum has not been confirmed via GMCP. You can now change the color of the non-confirmed rooms in the Map Properties under the Appearance tab to whatever you want. I made it color mine orange so they are easy to see. Once you walk through said room in mapping mode it will confirm it and the blue, or whatever color yours happens to be, disappears, OR you can turn that option off. However, I would not turn it off because it allows you to see which rooms are updated and which ones are not.
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 am   

it only turned blue, after, I walked into it..
Most rooms are dark grey (rooms not walked in)
others are light grey (rooms walked in / confirmed)
and only one or 2 rooms are blue.. Thanks for the input..I'm still trying to figure it out.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:29 am   

Did you get the map from somebody else? CMUD doesn't set any room colors itself, except for the dark grey rooms that you haven't moved into yet. You can turn off the dark grey color for non-confirmed rooms in the Map Properties Appearance tab as OldGuy mentioned. If other rooms are blue, then either you set the yourself in the Room Properties, or with a %roomcol script, or got the map from someone else. Or maybe you are running scripts from somebody else that are using %roomcol to color the rooms.

But it's not something that CMUD is doing magically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: