Code:
#SHOW %walk(20304)

and it shows:
Code:
.dw2usw13n7w28n5es2en26e

But when I try to use #walk like this:
Code:
#walk 20304

it only walk some of the path, then I have to type #walk 20304 again and it walk a couple of step before its stop and I have to #walk 20304 again, but in the end I get there.

I have try with #CALL %roommode(0) and (1) but its the same.

the roomnumber 20304 is the new vnum as its a new room.

The same thing happens when I double click a room to go to, it only go for a couple of room then it stop.

btw. why does old room that has got the new vnum still keep the old number in the tooltip ?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 pm   

Whenever you post a problem with speedwalking you need to tell us what speedwalk mode (fast,safe,slow) you are using and whether the mapper is in map mode or follow mode. But it sounds like you are trying to walk through an area of your map that has some rooms messed up or something.
Quote:
btw. why does old room that has got the new vnum still keep the old number in the tooltip ?

The number in the tooltip is the Room Key and not the vNum.
Quit
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm   

sorry its in follow map mode and slow speedwalking mode and its on Aardwolf

Dont know what you mean with my rooms are messed up cus I know all my room got the new vnum
and I know the room names are right.

All my #walk path/commands use to work before the GMCP.

Then only thing I can tell more is its like it only happens on long path.

And just found out it works when I set it to safe speedwalking.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:20 pm   

You need to switch to Safe mode (yeah, as you discovered). In Slow mode you need to use the #SLOW command to speedwalk around when in Map mode.

I couldn't actually reproduce any problem using #WALK in Slow mode when in Follow mode. But this will completely depend upon the accuracy of your map. If you have a room along the path that doesn't match the MUD data, then it might mess things up because the mapper will miss one of the #OK confirmation triggers and cause the rest of the path to get screwed up.

Everybody needs to remember that SLOW mode was designed to be used with the #SLOW command and the #STEP command for step-by-step scripted movement. It really doesn't make sense to "speed"walk in Slow mode. That is what Safe mode was designed for. I know the different modes can be confusing. When I document the new v3 mapper stuff, I'll try to make it clearer.
Quit
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm   

ok after I have done some time in using #slow and found out it dident work with my script

I have found out that every time my #walk 20304 breaks its in the same room.
So I did a Find Room in the mapper and type in the Vnum from the room where it stop
and found that a room in another zone has the same number in ObjId and RefNum and is a old room I havent updated with the new Vnum because I am to low level.

I go 1 north and did the same search, this room it can walk true, I found only 1 room where ObjId match and it had diff number in RefNum

I do a #walk 20304 agian and when it break agian I did the same search and it came up with another room with both ObjID and RefNum as the same number

Hope this makes any sense but I do believe that rooms with old RefNum is the reason that my #walk breaks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 pm   

That sounds very possible. But I'm not sure we are using the same terminology. It's actually impossible for two rooms on the map (no matter what zone they are in) to have the same "ObjId" value. So I'm not really sure what you mean by that. The "RefNum" (as shown in the Spreadsheet view) is the vNum field and rooms in different zones are allowed to have the same vNum.

When using the "Use vNum to match rooms" speedwalking option, CMUD will first look for a room that has the "Real vNum" flag set. If it cannot find this, then it should ignore the other room in the other zone. But that still might cause the speedwalk to stop because the mapper no longer knows where you are and cannot do a confirmation in #slow mode unless you are sending a proper #OK in a trigger when the room name matches.

But I'll play with this a bit more and see if I can improve it so that your speedwalk doesn't stop. I know Safe mode was designed to work for this, so I cannot guarantee that I can get Slowwalking working too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: