Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:21 am   

[3.27] Room Properties doesn't update when I use %roomlink to modify a room.

I'm using %roomlink to modify the exits of a room. I have the room properties up and docked and am looking at the list of exits. When I make edits to the exits of the room it should be reflected in the room properties screen. The room properties isn't being updated and in order to update it I must change to another room and then back to get the updates.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm   

Added to bug list
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm   

I cannot reproduce this. Can you show me the exact script that you are using? I just did this:
Code:
#call %roomlinks(,"in",31)

when I had the room properties window open to the exits tab and it properly updated the list of exits in the properties.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:23 pm   

1) Create a new session 'test'
2) Enter 'test' and open the map.
3) Create two rooms.
4) #call %roomlink(1,e,2)
5) #call %roomlink(1,e,-1)

#4 creates the link and it updates just fine. #5 deletes the link and doesn't update the window.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:25 pm   

OK, you should have been clearer in the original post that you are deleting a link and not adding a link. Added to bug list.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm   

Actually, the first time I observed it it wasn't updating for either. When I had to make a procedure for you I only saw it when deleting, so I made the procedure for what I could repeat.

In the interim I've figured out why you weren't observing this. This only occurs when when 'Room Properties' is docked and then only if it was docked when you closed CMud and then reopen CMud to still have it docked there.

So here's the revision:

1) Create a new session 'test'
2) Enter 'test' offline and open the map.
3) Create two rooms.
4) Open Room Properties and Dock it somewhere
5) Close Cmud / Open Cmud
6) Enter 'test' offline. Room Properties should still be there docked. Select the exits tab so they are visible.
7) #call %roomlink(1,e,2)
8) #call %roomlink(1,e,-1)

Neither #7 nor #8 should show up in the exits until you change locations somewhere else and then back again. Additionally I've discovered that normally it updates to whatever room you click on, but when you open Cmud with it docked it won't update to what you've clicked on either.

So somehow having it docked prior to opening Cmud isn't restoring whatever connection it needs to update itself.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:28 am   

I can confirm the first issue of updating the room properties when deleting links now operates correctly.

The second issue with having it docked when opening cmud remains, but I consider it a lower priority. I typically don't have it docked permanently except that the last while I've had it open all the time with all the new mapper changes. Otherwise I would probably never have noticed the second issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: