Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 pm   

[3.27]Mapper problems, probably due to new feature

For whatever reason, my mapper is automatically switching zones to a non-selected one and creating new rooms there. I tried #ZONE "areaname" to set it to the proper zone name, but it's failed. It's getting irritating quickly to try to map with this going on.

I don't even know how or why it's doing it, either... but I'm guessing it's with the 'new rooms will only be created in the current zone selected'.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:41 pm   

Yes, that would be the bug fix that would be causing the problem. Using the #ZONE command *should* fix it, or even just selecting the proper zone from the drop-down list. Do you have any scripts using %room or %zone functions that might be switching zones in the background? I'll play with Aardwolf a bit to see if I can reproduce this since it's a fairly serious issue. It's something I worried about when I added the #ZONE command and fixed this issue, but I didn't find any problems in my limited testing with it. Guess I need to look some more, but any additional info on this would be helpful.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:04 pm   

Currently, I have the following trigger:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <trigger priority="523140" copy="yes">
    <pattern>^~[Exits</pattern>
    <value>#IF (%pos("pk",%gmcp.room.info.details)) {#CALL  %roomcol(,red)}</value>
  </trigger>
</cmud>

All this trigger does is check to see if the room I entered is a pk room or not, and if so, color it red. #ZONE hasn't worked for me, and the zone is correct in the drop down box (it should be as I'm creating more rooms in the same zone anyway).

Nothing I've done seems to want to work. I'll doublecheck for any existing %zone/%room functions other than those that are dormant/no longer used, though.

Charneus
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:47 am   

This is happening to me too. If I use the menu and move a room to another zone from the list or to a new zone and then walk so it creates the next room, it suddenly switches back to the old zone creates a room there. Then when I walk again to create the next room, it switches back to the other zone and creates a room. Then on the next room it switches back to the old zone. It just keeps doing this. Every other room it creates the room in the other zone and goes back and forth.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:24 pm   

Doing it to me as well, quite annoying.

EDIT: Worth noting I have abslutely zero scripts that use %room or %zone.
phoenixsoap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 pm   

I have the exact same problem described above (particularly oldguy2's description). The only triggers I have that influence the map in any way send #OK or #NOMAP.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 pm   

This is happening to me as well. It should have made a room in the current zone connected to the room I was coming from, instead it placed it in a random zone. However, it was more serious than this as the room wasn't visible by any means. Teleporting to the room didn't allow me to see it, it simply took me to that zone with nothing selected. So it ended up orphaning the room it created as there was no way for me to select it or even to see it to operate upon it to correct it.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 pm   

3.28 likely to be releases soon? Otherwise likely going to try and find 3.26 somewhere on the web to revert back to it till 3.28 is released as this is somewhat of a gamebreaker.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 pm   

Yes, I should have an update out later today or tomorrow, depending upon other bug reports.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:41 pm   

ReedN wrote:
This is happening to me as well. It should have made a room in the current zone connected to the room I was coming from, instead it placed it in a random zone. However, it was more serious than this as the room wasn't visible by any means. Teleporting to the room didn't allow me to see it, it simply took me to that zone with nothing selected. So it ended up orphaning the room it created as there was no way for me to select it or even to see it to operate upon it to correct it.

This too. However, what you can do Reed is open up spreadsheet view and delete that orphaned room. That's the only way you can see it, and that is what I did.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:14 pm   

I'll give that a try. I was thinking I'd need to dust off my perl mapper cleanup script to find and delete them, but this is a much less drastic fix. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: