Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hemdall
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:57 pm   

Login details in log.

Hi,
In my logs I've found my password, it is not masked at all what i regard a bit dangerous and uncomfortable as I sometimes share my logs and I might forget to erase login details. I have been using #pw as it not echoing my password to output but it is still in log as I've marked log commands option too. It would be nice if #pw was neither echoing password to output and log too.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm   

Check your preferences to see if "Do not display password text" is ticked under Preferences\Scripting\General Scripting as most definitely your password should never show on screen with this option enabled and I'm fairly sure it is supposed to be gagged from logs too.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 pm   

Actually, the Gag Password option only effects the display on screen. It does not prevent it from being written to the log file.

The 3.x Beta version has a command called #GAGLOG that you can put in a trigger to prevent certain lines from being written to the log.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:40 am   

Hmm...

"Do not display password text"

IMO logs are a type of display too, wouldn't it be an idea to have that option effect the logs too?

All in all though given that your characters have a lot of time and effort spent on them not to mention the social impact I can't see a reason why you wouldn't have a complex password that would never come up during play anyway especially as anywhere you'd need to supply it you could get CMUD to do it automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: