Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 pm   

%match function

I am trying to use the %match function with a stringlist but I can't get it to work. I am not sure if I found a bug or I am not matching it correctly. The link below is the post to the issue. If I could get a guru to look at this post it would be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35822
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 pm   

From the other post:
Quote:
#IF (%match(%i,"^(@stutterlist)*",$matched)) {

Remember that in CMUD, @variables are NOT EXPANDED WITHIN " QUOTES! Also, to match an OR-list in a pattern, you need to put {} around the list. So if you want to expand the string list and pass it to the %match function, you need to do this:
Code:
#IF (%match(%i,%concat("^({",@stutterlist,"})*"),$matched)) {

Trigger patterns automatically compile their pattern and expand string lists, etc. But the %match (or %regex) functions do not...they just take a simple string argument for the pattern.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 pm   

Thanks Zugg!!! I thought I tried that before. I just checked it and I had the parenthesis and {} backwards.

How about making sure the "th" matches on a word instead of "t". I thought that would fix my problem but it doesn't. :(
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:29 pm   

You might want to use %regex instead of %match and then use regular expression wildcards such as \b to match word boundaries. Or, in the CMUD pattern within %match you should be able to use %q for word boundaries.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm   

Thanks. I tried the script again and the match does work. I might have been using a copy of my script that was causing the issue. I'll have to remove the backup to make sure I don't do it again. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: