Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Quit
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 am   

Mapping Cmud Pro 3.26

hi

I am on Aardwolf.

I like to get the room description when I map new room but I can't get it to work.
I know that Aardwolf dont send any room desc true GMCP.
I try with #tag for the room description as that use to work before GMCP.

Or is the mapper faster if I dont use any room description at all
and if it is faster, is there a way so I can delete all my room description from my old rooms.

Is there a command that I can use to see how many rooms still need to be updated with the new vnum in a zone
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 pm   

When using GMCP the mapper is ignoring the room descriptions completely, so they are only stored for your own information. It has no effect on mapper speed.

Since your GMCP trigger is now called *after* the new room is created, you should not use #TAG anymore to set the room description. Instead you should just use the %roomdesc function to set the description.

There isn't any command or script to see how many rooms need to be updated with vnums. The only feature for this is in the Appearance page of the Map Properties where you can have the mapper show the rooms that need to be updated with a gray color.
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:53 pm   

edit ignore this
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:11 pm   

Could you do some kind of %query() to make a list of rooms with the RealVnum flag set? I don't know whether the %query() syntax includes any SQL functions for testing a bit. The documentation doesn't say exactly what SQL syntax is supported (or even what the internal field names are).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:43 pm   

Nope, the %query won't work with this. You'd need to use the new #SQLDB and %sql commands to query the SQL database directly. But I'm not going to document the internal map database structure so you'll have to figure that out yourself, sorry.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 pm   

Naturally, I meant %mapquery(), but the answer is probably the same. Ah well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: