Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:27 pm   

[3.25]Bug: #WAIT increments Thread number from scripts, not just command line

It's a simple reproduction, I think. Copy the following code and paste into Package Editor.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <trigger priority="10" copy="yes">
    <pattern>Fire thread</pattern>
    <value>#WAIT;#SAY {Thread fired!};#THREAD</value>
  </trigger>
</cmud>

On the command line, type #SAY {Fire thread}.

You'll see each time you fire the script, the thread number increases by one. As was stated in another post, this is probably a bug as the thread count should not increase unless you call #WAIT from the command line. #THREAD "name" does not increase the count.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:08 pm   

No, that is actually correct. Sorry if I wasn't more clear in the previous thread. Notice that the thread you see incrementing does *not* have the [u] in front of it. That indicates the thread is a background script thread. CMUD will create a new background thread each time the trigger fires.

If you type #THREAD on the command line, you should see that the command line thread with the [u] in front of it remains with ID = 1 no matter how many times the trigger fires.

The problem from your other post was that the ID of the [u] command line thread had increased. The ID of the [u] thread will only increase if you use #WAIT on the command line (or alias from the command line). That has nothing to do with the ID count of a background trigger thread that doesn't have the [u] tag.

Basically, using #WAIT will create a new thread within the context of where it is running. If #WAIT is within a trigger, then it increments the ID of the trigger thread. If #WAIT is on the command line, then it increments the ID of the [u] thread.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:39 pm   

Ah, missed the fact there was no [u] in front of it.

Regardless, it's still happening on my Aardwolf session, where nothing but triggers are used, and it's continually increasing the [u] thread, even though no #WAITs are used from the command line, alias or otherwise.

I have found that calling it from a macro does increase it for the [u] thread. Is that the same as calling it from the command line? I'm also going to investigate more into this, because I don't think I should have a reading of 103 [u] thread...

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm   

Yep, a macro will be the same as running an alias from the command line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: