Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:06 am   

[3.25] Mapper: Function to retrieve/edit mapper command queue?

Is there a function to retrieve and/or edit the mapper's command queue? For example, I have non-standard movement commands and I want to tell the mapper that I'm attempting to move northeast; Is there currently command/function for that?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:31 am   

#STEP will cause the next direction in the queue to be resent. However, northeast/southeast/northwest/southwest are not considered nonstandard.

Additionally, CMud will automatically convert standard exits to nonstandard ones IF they are contained in the OTHER COM field.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 am   

I know those directions are standard, I'm talking about non-standard movement commands that lead toward standard exits. I'm looking for a way to manually insert a direction into the queue.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:32 am   

Can you provide an example of what you are talking about? If your next room is to the EAST and you need to CLIMB WALL to get there, then as long as the EAST direction for the current room (see Room Properties, Exits tab) has CLIMB WALL in the OTHER COM field CMud will convert it automatically for you. You just need to send EAST. When it goes into the queue, and when CMud echoes the command to the window, it will instead show CLIMB WALL and will never try to send EAST to the game (when the map is out of sync, this can get rather annoying).

If the above is what you are talking about, then for existing rooms you will need to manually fill in the OTHER COM (I'm sure there's a room function or something you can use programmatically, but using the Room Properties window is far easier and faster.) New rooms can use the MapDir character to fill it in during the onRoomCreate event (>climb wall>e).
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:46 am   

No, that solution won't work, it's not dynamic enough. There are multiple commands that I want it to recognize as different directions, and they're non-room specific.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:21 pm   

Ah, they are #PORTALs then.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 pm   

No, they are not...

They are non-standard direction commands that lead to standard exits, such as north, northwest, west, ect.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 pm   

check out #QUEUE then. If that still doesn't work, post examples. You've got some horrific problems to deal with if the answer isn't one of the few commands/methods I've mentioned already.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:40 pm   

That is indeed the command I was looking for, still, I don't see anything that returns the current command queue.

At first, I thought the #queue command had to do with speedwalking.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:11 pm   

Check out the %nextdir function and see if that gives what you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: