Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 am   

3.25 updating with old gmcp data

(first) I had to do Config-> New configuration again... but after I did this and checked USE VNUMS mapper option it seems to be updating the vnums now and appropriate flags

however,

(Second) the main problem is its updating the room with old data from gmcp, i.e., its using the gmcp data from one room ago or two rooms ago ... even though I am tagging everything with the current data ( I know I am since I am also echoing this same data to the screen ) it doesn't seem to be using the current data at all..... it looks like its updating it before you set the gmcp data even

In other words, it is now updating the room but it is updating it with the wrong name,exits,vnum,etc from old data in a room previously visited
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 am   

Make sure to turn off any of your own #TAG commands and let the CMUD GMCP handle the tagging. As long as the MUD is sending GMCP data for each room, then it shouldn't get behind like that at all.

I never saw that on Imperian. What MUD are you using?

You might also open the Script Debugger and turn on the Raw Input/output message to see exactly what the MUD is sending and when.
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 am   

its in Achaea, ... um quick question was stuff like: Tells:#echo x supposed to echo in the main window or in the "Tells" window

checking Wait for prompt in slow speed walk seems to have fixed it.. but I never had to check that before
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 am   

Ahh, ok, if you are in Slow speed walk mode then that actually makes sense. The GMCP data packet is treated as a "mud prompt" by the mapper, since the mapper only normally creates/saves new rooms when a prompt is received. It's actually probably a bug that this wasn't required before.

In any case, Slow Mode is not a good mode for mapping *new* rooms. Slow Mode is really only intended for "bots" that need to walk a path one step at a time with a lot of confirmation. Try Safe or Fast mode when mapping new rooms.

As far as #echo, here is from the help file:
Quote:
Echo the string to the top window. Like the SAY command, except SAY echoes to the window it was issued from. The difference is when performing trigger actions. Using SAY, the trigger will echo the string to the window that issued the trigger. Using ECHO it will echo to the window the user is currently viewing.

So "tells:#echo x" will display to the MAIN window since that is the "window the user is currently viewing" (i.e. the main window has the focus)
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:39 am   

as a further note, I had to redisable the option "'ait for prompt in slow speed walk' for slow speed walks to actually work in "Follow" mode.. (which is how I had it before)... I will try making new rooms in Safe mode next time
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 pm   

What about updating the old map? I thought I read somewhere the rooms would all be colored a different color if the vnum hadn't been confirmed yet? Maybe that was for the next version. I can't remember. Anyway, I have the same problem. I can't even use my old map because it refuses to follow and when I try to remap, even after reconfiguring, it writes over the room with the previous rooms data and completely screws up my map. I was going to walk through and update it so it is all correct.

I will say though that I started a new map and it mapped just fine, aside from the issue of blank lines being displayed I posted about in another thread. I had no problem starting with a brand new map. It just doesn't want to work with my previous map. I really don't want to spend weeks remapping the entire game.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm   

Quote:
I read somewhere the rooms would all be colored a different color if the vnum hadn't been confirmed yet?

There is an option in the Appearance page of the Map Properties to do this. It is disabled by default.

I am still unable to reproduce any problem with v3.25 causing bad data to be stored within existing map files. Make sure you are in FAST mode and walk through the rooms manually one at a time before you try to speedwalk. If you still have trouble, post some Script Debugger output so that I can see if the MUD is sending the correct GMCP data for the room you are entering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: