Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SilveyR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 am   

Problems

Hi I'm a relative new user of Cmud and I use windows vista. I recently got this program (I use to use zmud) and I installed it and discovered it was buggy as hell (This was the non beta version) and then actually stabilized in the beta version which is what I'm using.

One of the things I've noticed is that when cmud is dragged to a different monitor (using duel monitors), the window doesn't resize properly if it's a different resolution. Aka. the bottom of the window is cut off until you physically make the window larger and you can only get to the typing bar by doing that.

Two, the original window doesn't tabulate properly. Say I open a session then open another session, the second session will be hidden somewhere and I have to manually go to the window option and select it for it to show up in a tiny box. Then if I drag to drag the second window into a tab on the first window.... it just doesn't tab. It doesn't do anything. Secondly if I undock the first window, I can tab them but then I can't redock it and I also can't see the three v (pin) x buttons if it's undocked.

Also...is there a way to make it autolog? Having to append logs every day is very tiresome and bothering, I use to have a zmud trigger that logged for me but I don't remember what it was >.<

Thankies
Silvey
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 pm   

For the auto logging, you can simply put #LOG in your OnConnect event. Of course, you'll probably want to put it in a specific location and perhaps separate logs by something like days, so you get something like:

#log %concat("C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\DSL\<char name>\logs\<char name>-",%time(yyyy-mm-dd),".htm")
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm   

Quote:
One of the things I've noticed is that when cmud is dragged to a different monitor (using duel monitors), the window doesn't resize properly if it's a different resolution. Aka. the bottom of the window is cut off until you physically make the window larger and you can only get to the typing bar by doing that.

That's a Windows issue and not a CMUD issue. Windows does that for every other program I've used too (I used dual monitors all the time).
Quote:
Two, the original window doesn't tabulate properly. Say I open a session then open another session, the second session will be hidden somewhere and I have to manually go to the window option and select it for it to show up in a tiny box.

Not sure what you are talking about here. When you open a new session, it docks by default as a tab to the current session window. Using the CTRL-TAB key will cycle between the different sessions, which is the standard key in Windows for switching between inner-application windows. Also, double-clicking the window caption bar for the session windows will toggle them between docked and undocked. But there aren't any bugs in the Beta version regarding docking, so I'm not able to reproduce any of the docking issues that you mentioned.

It's possible your session layout is corrupted. You might try holding down the SHIFT key and then click the Open Offline action to open your session with a blank layout file.
SilveyR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:42 am   

Weird, I thought I replied last night but it didn't go through. First of all thankies for the fast response :P and the logging trigger.
Um I tried to do what you suggested, (click offline while holding shift to try and open it in the new session window) annnd it opened it tabulated...once. And I was like oo this works! And so I tried to open another window of it... and it completely bugged out. Like I only have two muds in the folder I made (we'll label it A and B for now), when I try to open A (which was what I shift clicked) from a restart of cmud..... I get just white underneath the toolbar and under windows I get it labeled B, and when I click on that window or next window, it doesn't actually appear. I've tried to reinstall cmud and it seemed to have saved the settings over... so now it's even more buggy for me than ever >.> is there a master reset everything button anywhere? And I have to keep trying to open sessions until I have one that works but the rest are hidden and can't be accessed even via the windows tab soo >.>; It's reallly hard to use right now x.X

Please help >.<
Thankies
Silvey
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: