Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:11 am   

[3.23]GMCP/Mapper bug?

There's a bug with GMCP storage on room.info and the Mapper.

The MUD sends:
Code:
<IAC><SB><201>room.info { "num": 35459, "brief": "Charneus' Porch", "zone": "manor3", "sector": "inside", "flags": "", "exits": { "n": 35460, "w": 21572 }, "coord": { "id": 0, "x": 54, "y": 16 } }<IAC><SE><ESC>[0;32m[Exits: north west]<ESC>[0;37m<LF><CR>

but the mapper is calling %gmcp.room.info, which returns this:

Code:
num=35459|brief=Charneus' Porch|zone=manor3|sector=inside|flags|exits="s=35459|w=21572|u=32884|e=29917|n=35460|d=11817"|coord="id=0|x=54|y=16"|coords="id=0|x=14|y=3"

Note the four extra exits there?

I tried to map a zone with it earlier and every room had six exits. Would it be possible for CMUD to erase at least exit info in room so that a fresh exit table is set?

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:39 pm   

Eeck, you are right.

I was talking to Aardwolf about GMCP and we decided it would be "cool" to let the MUD just send GMCP data that changes. For example, this would allow the MUD to only send character stats that change...the client would cache the old values. However, I can see the bug in the CMUD implementation where it is "merging" the old and new records recursively, which causes the previous directions to be cached.

Definitely bad. I might release an "a" update to fix this pending other bug reports.

Thanks for the quick report.

(That's what I get for doing something right at the last minute of a release and not testing it ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: