Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 am   

Commands sometimes going to channel capture window?

Sometimes mid-fight with my new system, the system 'prints' the commands the mud is getting to my chat window in the bright yellow that would normally show up in the main window if I had echo commands on....

Thing is, I don't....and I know I don't have anything like that routed to that window, so I'm assume its something weird.

Thanks for help in advance
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 am   

Are you able to pin down which trigger or whatever is firing at those wrong-window times? The typical user will create a trigger somewhat in this fashion:

Code:
#trigger {line of mud text with wildcards inserted} {
  #command command-parameters
  alias alias-arguments
  [b]game command to send to the game[/b]
}

While there's really nothing absolutely wrong with doing this, it does leave you open to window focus issues like you are experiencing. All such commands should be sent via #SENDRAW or #SEND, and if they are still getting pushed into the wrong window then the use of #EXECWIN or similar command should be used to force the window focus back to the specified window.

Of course, if this all stems from you doing something that causes a click in these other windows then there's not much you can do.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 am   

MattLofton wrote:
Are you able to pin down which trigger or whatever is firing at those wrong-window times? The typical user will create a trigger somewhat in this fashion:

Code:
#trigger {line of mud text with wildcards inserted} {
  #command command-parameters
  alias alias-arguments
  [b]game command to send to the game[/b]
}

While there's really nothing absolutely wrong with doing this, it does leave you open to window focus issues like you are experiencing. All such commands should be sent via #SENDRAW or #SEND, and if they are still getting pushed into the wrong window then the use of #EXECWIN or similar command should be used to force the window focus back to the specified window.

Of course, if this all stems from you doing something that causes a click in these other windows then there's not much you can do.

I have two functions that seem to be doing this. My focuser and my plant eater. Both are functions, both use '#send' to send their commands to the mud, so I can't see what's wrong. All other functions do the same things, but don't show up there....oddly enough
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 pm   

You can also turn on the Script Debugger window to try and determine what triggers might be running and causing the text to get captured to your chat window.
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:29 am   

Zugg wrote:
You can also turn on the Script Debugger window to try and determine what triggers might be running and causing the text to get captured to your chat window.

Turned on script debugger and can't see which trigger is calling it to the window. The StupidityReset alarm doesn't have #capture in it at all, here's the result of the scrip debugger:

a TalonnbS |H:5145 M:5188 E:23400 W:24860 B:100% Spark:100% Stance:None XP:41% [cdb -b]
a TalonnbS |What do you want to eat?
a TalonnbS ]H:5145 M:5188 E:23400 W:24860 B:100% Spark:100% Stance:None XP:41% [cdb -b]
f TalonnbS | Pattern: ^H:(%d) M:(%d) E:(%d) W:(%d) B:(%d~%) Spark:(%d~%) Stance... : (%1=5145, %2=5188, %3=23400, %4=24860, %5="100%", %6="100%", %7="None", %8="41%", %9="cdb -b")
c TalonnbS | exec : Pattern "^H:(%d) M:(%d) E:(%d) W:(%d) B:(%d~%) Spark:(%d~...
f TalonnbS | Alarm: *.55
c TalonnbS | exec : Alarm "StupidityReset" : #if (@afflictions.stupidity = 1 ...
j TalonnbS >outc goldenseal
j TalonnbS >eat goldenseal
f ChannelT | Alarm: *.55
c ChannelT | exec : Alarm "StupidityReset" : #if (@afflictions.stupidity = 1 ...
a ChannelT |outc goldenseal
j ChannelT >outc goldenseal
a ChannelT |eat goldenseal
j ChannelT >eat goldenseal
a TalonnbS #Telnet 201: Char.Vitals "H:5145/5145 M:5182/5460 E:23400/23400 W:24858/24900 NL:41/100 "
a TalonnbS |H:5145 M:5188 E:23400 W:24860 B:100% Spark:100% Stance:None X
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 am   

StupidityReset alarm, huh? I could use one of those at work, but I'd prolly wear it out. Rolling Eyes
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:52 pm   

You didn't tell us which lines were going to the wrong window, or what the names of the wrong window were, so it's hard to interpret your script debugger output without more info.

But it looks like your StupidityReset alarm is running in two different windows (TalonnbS and ChannelT) so maybe that is the problem. If you have this alarm in a different package, then you might want to disable that package for your other window.
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 am   

Zugg wrote:
You didn't tell us which lines were going to the wrong window, or what the names of the wrong window were, so it's hard to interpret your script debugger output without more info.

But it looks like your StupidityReset alarm is running in two different windows (TalonnbS and ChannelT) so maybe that is the problem. If you have this alarm in a different package, then you might want to disable that package for your other window.

Sorry, I meant to say that the "outc goldenseal" and the "eat goldenseal" are what are showing up in the channel capture window, and the reset is in the main healing package as is the channel capture triggers.....I don't know what could be possibly causing it.
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 am   

I sorta figured out what you meant Zugg.

Basically if you go to the window properties and uncheck where the StupidityReset alarm was package wise it stopped posting the commands in that window.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: