Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hermz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 pm   

Problem using Within Lines in multi-state trigger

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a simple, multi-state trigger that only fires a specific command if the line received immediately afterwards matches. The problem is that the below trigger is firing even if the line is matched within 2 lines, despite the code specifically stating to only match within 1 line.

Code:
<trigger name="EatTrig" priority="15300">
  <pattern>^You eat a herb.$</pattern>
  <value></value>
  <trigger type="Within Lines" param="1" newline="false" prompt="true">
    <pattern>^(%d)h, (%d)m (*)-</pattern>
    <value>#ECHO IT WORKED</value>
  </trigger>
</trigger>
</cmud>

So using the above code, the following text from the MUD will cause it to fire (which is good!):

Code:
You eat a herb.
5291h, 4033m ex-IT WORKED

However, for some reason I can't understand, the following text from the MUD is also causing it to fire (bad!):

Code:
You eat a herb.
Another line is here.
5291h, 4022m ex-IT WORKED

Could somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Is triggering on prompt in multi-state triggers a no-no for some reason? I know there are other ways to achieve the same result, however I'd prefer to use multi-state triggers and I'm really eager to find out why it's firing within 2 lines instead of 1.

Thanks,
Hermz
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:04 pm   

Why does this need to trigger on prompt? It looks like this should be a trigger on newline. That could very well be the problem, as you have guessed. Is there a reason you want it to trigger on prompt?
hermz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 am   

I has to trigger on prompt because the second pattern it needs to match is the prompt from the MUD.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 am   

Being that this is in 2.37, I'd bet this is a really old bug that was noticed and fixed early in the 3.xx beta cycle. I think CMud has a %line/%line2/%line3 sequence of variables you could check that would basically do what Within Lines does, as a workaround.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 am   

MattLofton wrote:
Being that this is in 2.37, I'd bet this is a really old bug that was noticed and fixed early in the 3.xx beta cycle. I think CMud has a %line/%line2/%line3 sequence of variables you could check that would basically do what Within Lines does, as a workaround.

Yeah, I'm using %line2 as a workaround at the moment. Couldn't find any specific mention of this problem being addressed in any of the version history Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: