Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:47 am   

[3.22] Editing Stringlists In the Editor (Again)

This problem is not fixed completely. If you click to delete a row in a stringlist from the editor, it vanishes for a moment and then just pops right back. It's impossible to delete a row in a stringlist from the editor. I suspect this is what caused my entire package to go haywire, but I don't know because now I can't even get into it. If I had some crazy idea to create a virus to lock my package to some hacker it sure the heck did the trick because that's just what it acts like. Also I tried to backspace the value which then enabled the Save button and THEN delete the row and it ended up doing what the old bug did and deleted other rows of data too.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 am   

This is confirmed, as far as deletion goes. Lockup hasn't happened for me. Procedure as follows:

1. Untitled session. On command line, type #VAR test {one|two|three|four|five|six}
2. Verify that it created a @test variable with a string list of one|two|three|four|five|six by opening up Package editor and selecting @test.
3. Right-click a row and select Delete row. The Save button does not enable, though it deletes the row.
4. Without closing Editor, go to command line and type #SAY {@test} to see it still retains original value.
5. Back in package editor, select a row and backspace the entire row. Then right-click a row and select Delete row. Click Save.
6. Go back to command line and type #SAY {@test}. You'll see the variable is very corrupted now, and shows two blank indices with three populated indices.

Very odd. I've also found if you backspace a row, save, then delete the row, it works properly.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:03 pm   

Thanks for posting the procedure on this. It was the Right-click in Step 3 that I wasn't using (I was just clicking the blue minus button). I'll add this to the bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: