Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
miischi
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm   

[cMUD 2.37] Problems running on Win7

hey everyone.

i recently updated my system to windows 7 professional and just installed cMUD. everytime i try to start it it gives me errors in the database and cMUD.exe. i just can't do anything in that program now, except closing it.
i tried to reinstall a couple times, but nothing helped. i also tried the compability mode for vista and xp, deactivated the win layout and other stuff, but nothing seems to help.

did anyone of you experience the same problems? does anyone have a clue how to solve it? mudding without cMUD isn't just the same.

thanks in advance!

ps: i'm sorry if that problem is listed somewhere else aready, of course i used the forum search first. as i didn't find any topic on that problem, i started a new one.
Berdusk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:44 pm   

Try right-clicking on it and running it as an Administrator.

If this fixes it the first time, you should right-click, go to Properties, the Compatibility tab, and then checkmark the Run As Administrator option and Apply. It will still check if you -really- want to run the program (obnoxious, isn't it?), but it should run for you. :)

Hope that helps!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm   

Please post the exact error message you are getting. You should not need to "run as Admin" or change any compatibility modes. If you are getting an error about SQLITE.DLL then reboot Windows and try again.

Also, when installing CMUD on Windows 7, be sure you selected the %DOCUMENTS% option for the location of your user session data files in the installer. Do *not* store your user session files in the Program Files directory...that won't work on Windows 7 (or Vista).
miischi
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:42 am   

haha! zugg is the genious! that's exactly what i did. i chose the program folder instead of %documents. solved the problem! thanks a lot, dude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: