Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:34 am   

[3.22+] Suggestion: Floating toolbars

What I'm asking for are button toolbars that are able to be detached from their windows. I'm really interested in improving my interface right now, and being limited to top, left, right, bottom is a bit restricting. I think this would be a great addition as people seem to be really into sprucing up their interfaces.

I realize I can use floating buttons, but I want to treat them as a group that I can easily move around at whim. I don't want to have to leave my buttons unlocked, either.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:44 pm   

The way you do this in CMUD is to create a new Window object, then add your buttons to a toolbar within that new window. Then you turn off the options like "Show server output", "Show status bar", "Show command line" so that all you have left is a window with just the buttons and nothing else. Then you can make this window float or dock or whatever you want.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 am   

Oh-ho, I did not know about the show server output option, seeing as it's tucked away in the general options. What are your thoughts about sticking it in the package editor under advanced? Thanks for pointing that out to me, either way.
Martaigne
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 am   

Neat! I didn't know this either.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm   

It got moved/hidden because too many people were accidentally turning it off and then posting "Why can't I see my MUD output!". This was actually a really common support issue back in zMUD too, so I like to keep the option more hidden now. Advanced users who want this kind of functionality are smart enough to find it :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: