Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 pm   

Why would this be happening?

Code:

<trigger name="LocIthilion" priority="15760" verbatim="true" enabled="false" id="1576">
  <pattern>As you near the mountain, you can finally</pattern>
  <value>#OK</value>
</trigger>

I can't remember how I did this, OR figure out how I did this.. anyone care to explain? heh
cmud beta 3.17 if it matters.. (will be upgrading in a min)
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:36 pm   

I'm not sure what you're referring to.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm   

Looks like a trigger intended to keep your mapper location marker in sync.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 pm   

If this is from Version 3.xx, then this is probably not anything that you did at all. Version 3.xx uses a completely revamped mapper, and part of it is that when you move, it automatically creates a trigger matching on the expected room name to give an #OK signal, telling the mapper that you successfully moved. The trigger LocIthilion will continue to exist, or even be remade anew if it is deleted, but the pattern is changed whenever you move to match the next room you are trying to enter.

Note, since you are using version 3.xx, this really should have been posted in the Beta forum.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 am   

Stonewall + mr_kent: Yes, it's a mapper loc trigger, but.. how did I create it? thats what I'm asking..

Rahab: *nods* I wanna get rid of it. Cant? :( and this was a 'general' query imho.. *shrug* I'll be sure to post all beta queries in there, regardless of content.

Sorry for bumping, btw, but I've been sick lately so I didnt get a chance to get on the forums and get this resolved a while ago.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:26 pm   

Why do you want to get rid of it? It is a critical part of the mapper. And this was definitely a beta query, because it is due to something new in the beta version.

The answer is, you did not create it. The mapper itself automatically creates this trigger. If you delete it, it will create a new one with the same id as soon as you try to move to another room. This is the trigger that tells the mapper that you successfully moved. Whenever you move, the mapper looks up the name of the room in that direction on the map, and changes the pattern of this trigger to match that room name. When the mud sends the room name to you, the trigger fires, and the mapper knows that you successfully moved. The mapper then disables the trigger. When you type a new movement command, the mapper enables the trigger again, and looks up the next room name.

In Zmud and Cmud up through version 2.37, the mapper did the same thing, but it kept the trigger internally and you couldn't see it. With the new revamped mapper in 3.xx, this trigger now gets created right in your package.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm   

It's just for that room, I have other #OK triggers.. I dont need a double #ok for that one single room
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:28 am   

It doesn't matter. The auto-trigger created by CMUD won't interfere and will be replaced with the next room as soon as you move. There isn't any way to remove these automatic triggers. They are needed by the mapper to handle most rooms properly. Just ignore them.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 am   

Okay. Thanks, Zugg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: