Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 am   

[3.22] BUG: 'Disabled' flag causing issues on import.

The enabled="false" flag appears to be screwing up settings.

Using the package editor, import the following code:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <alias name="test" enabled="false" copy="yes">
    <value>#echo {Test this}</value>
  </alias>
  <trigger priority="1730" enabled="false" copy="yes">
    <pattern>Test this</pattern>
    <value>#print {Fired!}</value>
  </trigger>
</cmud>

In the tree view, it will look like the settings are enabled, but they won't fire when tested from the command line. Furthermore, re-enabling them is not possible.
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:43 pm   

I have seen this myself in the last few versions, I just ended up moving all my disabled triggers to disabled folders hehe :/ although I think once you close the package editor a few times, or restart cmud, it will show up as disabled, and then you can reenable them from the package editor
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am   

dbosst wrote:
I have seen this myself in the last few versions, I just ended up moving all my disabled triggers to disabled folders hehe :/ although I think once you close the package editor a few times, or restart cmud, it will show up as disabled, and then you can reenable them from the package editor

If you do see an issue like this, it would be best to report it as soon as possible. I would never assume that someone else will write it up instead.
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 am   

ok, but its such a minor one since its a one time thing when you import your old xml packages...
how about this one... for the last few versions I still have not been able to get cmud to save my layout... but my package is pretty clunky...
more urgent I think are the database functions that have issues working when called from the onroomenter event ...but since its still a "mapper" category and not the database category of bugs, it won't be fixed for a while
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 pm   

Dbosst, that's a completely different problem. Please post it in a separate thread.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:21 pm   

Confirmed. That's very serious. Do you know if this just broke in 3.22 or if it was broken in previous versions? Definitely added to bug list.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:07 pm   

It's 3.22. It does that to everything it seems but class folders, triggers, and events. At least I don't recall it being a problem in 3.21. I should have also reported this too.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 am   

By the way, what will be the status of triggers imported with this bug in 3.22 and are then upgraded to 3.23?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: