Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
haiku
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm   

Report code CCB-F

My wife uses my laptop on occasion, but she's not computer savvy. She accidently set the system clock to January 2008, and when I set it back to the correct date, I can no longer open my evaluation copy of CMud.

Looks like Zugg is going to be out of the office for two weeks.

What now?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:01 pm   

Unfortunately there's not much I think you can do here. CMUD has deliberate protection against these kind of modifications to prevent folks from modifying their clock to get around the evaluation period requirement. You can try to evaluate one of the BETA versions to see if the have a different clock (I believe they do) or you join the multitude of happy mudders and buy CMUD.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:11 pm   

That's ok, I'll just load up vmware with fresh xp image and continue from within vmware. I haven't made my decision as to whether or not cmud is worth buying considering that I already bought zmud and it works fine. In fact, I have an easier time of doing triggers the ugly way in zmud Laughing, but that doesn't mean I don't want to try out the neat gadgets.

The sad fact is that while I have no real interest in defeating the copy protection, I also have no interest in paying for a product without the ability to gauge it's usefulness to me.
haiku
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm   

Oh, and I also want to mention that I am a programmer, so I understand that Zugg does need to get paid for his work. I'm not trying to cheat him, I'm just trying to get my evaluation copy working.
haiku
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:33 am   

I also want to point out that even if I wanted to, I can't purchase the software because the application fails to give you the option of purchasing the program if the date has been changed.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:50 am   

Haiku, you can still buy the registration via the website. Simply log into the Zuggstore (it's under the Purchase menu above, if you've never been there before you'll have to create a new account), make the purchase via a fairly standard shopping-cart setup, and then when you get the confirmation email copy it to the clipboard.

With that done, simply start up CMud and click the register button. CMud should have filled in all the details for you automatically, so at this point you simply need to click the OK button to complete the process.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 am   

Quote:
With that done, simply start up CMud and click the register button. CMud should have filled in all the details for you automatically, so at this point you simply need to click the OK button to complete the process.

When I start CMud, I get this error:

Quote:

Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code CCB-F).

There is a button that says ok.

When I click Ok, the application closes. Where is the register button?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:38 am   

Apparently later in the process (I thought the error was coming a bit later, after you got the trial window with the buy/register buttons on it). Maybe try a complete and utter uninstall? Make sure to reboot after installation and before you again install, since I'm not sure if anything in the registry would remain active and thus prevent your subsequent installations to not work. After uninstallation, you might have to sweep through the registry itself but it's going to be a rather painful situation if you have multiple copies of CMud installed.

I've never had to deal with clock issues with CMud before, so I don't know what you'll be contending with. And with ZMud, just setting the clock back to the correct time would fix things. Since it's obviously not now, if standard uninstall and reboot doesn't fix the issue you're probably better off waiting for Zugg to correspond with you about how to mess with the security software (he doesn't tell us anything about it, for obvious reasons).
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:38 am   

System Restore? Format and reinstall windows?

Bit extreme, but that's all I've got :(

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
haiku
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:10 pm   

definitely too extreme for my tastes. System restore didn't work because I didn't have it set large enough.

Apparently cmud isn't the only program that has this issue though: AVG antivirus refuses to update until January of 08 now also.

Reformat might be the way to go...
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 pm   

AVG will probably be fixed by an uninstall and reinstall, since it's probably just some file or something containing the last time you updated, and then should be removed when you uninstall.

CMUD won't be fixed by an uninstall - it's designed not to be easy to reset the trial. You have four options: (i) e-mail Zugg and wait for him to contact you; (ii) install one of CMUD 2.0 Betas, which will most likely start a new trial, since Zugg reset it in 2.0; (iii) put the clock back to Jan 2008 (not sure if this will work, but looks like it might - you need to get the right day or your trial will have expired - check the Windows Event Log and sort it by Date to find the latest - that is the day to use); (iv) reinstall Windows.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:55 pm   

(v) don't let wives near settings that could potentially break things ;P XP Pro should let you configure all that.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:22 pm   

XP Pro does - you set them up as Limited Users and don't let them use your account! Wink
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:26 pm   

Also double check and make sure the "year" part of your calander is correct not just the month/day
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:55 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
(v) don't let wives near settings that could potentially break things ;P XP Pro should let you configure all that.

Shocked Crying or Very sad
haiku
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 am   

Actually, my wife has her own account with limited user privs. She kept complaining about the system clock giving her an error message when she tried to check the calendar though, so I made her a power user. What I should have done in addition to that is modified the security policy for the power user to have read only access to the system clock. Meh, live and learn.

I'm just going to install CMud on my third computer and use it for a while Laughing
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:47 pm   

If you are still getting the clock error, send me another email and I'll make sure a fix gets sent out to you later today. Be sure to mention in the email that it's a clock error for CMUD, otherwise you might get a fix for zMUD instead.
Berdusk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:19 pm   

I'm having this same problem.

My copy of Cmud, however, is registered and paid for, and I never reset my system clock. My error code is CCB-A and I am running Windows 7 Starter edition.

I had reset my netbook to factory condition, because it was running poorly, and reinstalled a bunch of stuff and decided to wait on entering my license key until after everything was done reinstalling. I never changed my system clock, though perhaps an update or something did. Regardless, even if I were to set it back now, it would just re-sync with Microsoft later and I'd be back to this problem again.

Any how, tried rebooting and that didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the version with my license key built in, but it's still giving me the same error.

To echo the words of another on a similar thread, I ask, "What now?"
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:42 pm   

Please do not revive old posts (especially those from three years ago!) and instead create your own post...

Other than that, I'm sure Zugg can help you once you provide more information.

Charneus
Berdusk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 pm   

I simply posted a reply to a thread that was -quite- similar, down to the report code, in nature to my own problem rather than doubling up posts on the same topic. I was more concerned with the content of the post than the date (hadn't even noticed it until you pointed it out). Usually that is the proper etiquette (at least on most forums I've been on).

What other information would I need to provide that I haven't already?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:51 pm   

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I cannot solve clock errors or licensing errors on a public forum like this. You need to send an email to support@zuggsoft.com with your license info (order id) along with the email address you used to register CMUD. Also mention what product (CMUD, CMUDPro, zMUD) the error is occurring in, the exact error message and the version of Windows you are using.

Oh, and proper online forum etiquette here and on most other sites is to not reply to a post that is more than several months old. Instead you should just create a new post explaining your problem.
Berdusk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 pm   

When I used search to find a solution to my problem already posted, I didn't search by date. Nor was I paying attention to the date of previous posts when I added my own issue to the thread. I was simply more interested in getting answers. Molehills =/= mountains... <.<

Any way, I posted a support request on the site at around the same time as my original post. I have forwarded the automated response back to support@zuggsoft.com, as it contains all of the relevant information which is also posted here. Isn't the order ID and registered email what you're supposed to input into the fields when you submit a support request? This is what I've done.

EDIT: Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the assist. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: