Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 am   

[321B] MXP <DEST...></DEST> ingnoring X VALUE

No matter what value I plug in for the X co-ordinate, it will always act as if the value is 1.
Here is a code fragment:
Code:

//Current value of the variables used:
//off1 = 6 - off2 = 2 - off3 = 13 - off4 = 9 - left = -60C - width = 52C - height = 12C
//
#MXP <FRAME NAME="Quests" ACTION="OPEN" TITLE="Current Quest"  WIDTH=$width HEIGHT=$height LEFT=$left TOP="2C" FLOATING></FRAME>
;
$y = 2
;;
#MXP <DEST "Quests" X=$off1 Y=$y EOF><color white>TARGET: </color><color yellow>@qmob</color></DEST>
;;
$y = $y + 2
;;
#IF ($qcount = 0) {#MXP <DEST "Quests" X=$off4 Y=$y><color white>Room </color><color orange>@qroom</color><color white> not found</color></DEST>}
//
//...
//

The lines sent are always offest to 1, no matter what the variables have. If I plug in the values directly, the result is the same.

This routine has worked since 2.34.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm   

Please give me the XML for the script and a line to test it with so I can try to reproduce it here. Or simply your script down to something we can easily reproduce.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:14 pm   Bug Confirmed

Here is the script altered for testing.
To try it out simply paste it into an empty session and type wintest <xvalue>.

So if you wanted to see the default that he has here of 6 type wintest 6
Repeatedly typing wintest with different values should move the text horizontally within the window.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <alias name="wintest" copy="yes">
    <value><![CDATA[//Current value of the variables used:
//off1 = 6 - off2 = 2 - off3 = 13 - off4 = 9 - left = -60C - width = 52C - height = 12C
//
//Given Values
//$off1 = 6 Changed this to a parameter.
$off2 = 2
$off3 = 13
$off4 = 9
$left = -60C
$width = 52C
$height = 12C
//Not Given Values
$qmob=Johnny
$qroom=513
$qcount=5
//
#MXP <FRAME NAME="Quests" ACTION="OPEN" TITLE="Current Quest"  WIDTH=$width HEIGHT=$height LEFT=$left TOP="2C" FLOATING></FRAME>
;
$y = 2
;;
#MXP <DEST "Quests" X=$off1 Y=$y EOF><color white>TARGET: </color><color yellow>$qmob</color></DEST>
;;
$y = $y + 2
;;
#IF ($qcount = 0) {#MXP <DEST "Quests" X=$off4 Y=$y><color white>Room </color><color orange>$qroom</color><color white> not found</color></DEST>}
// ]]></value>
    <arglist>$off1</arglist>
  </alias>
</cmud>

I don't have 3.21 on this machine to try it however I can tell you that it works on 3.17. Yes I use the latest beta for testing. No I do not play on this machine!

Edit: Bug Confirmed. I downloaded the latest beta on this machine and the x offset no longer works in 3.21.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm   

Added to bug list. Thanks for the simpler script. Not sure how this broke since I haven't changed any of the MXP or DEST code in a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: