Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 am   

Speedwalking

So I got my map all done (YAY!) and Im attempting to speed walk by double-clicking and right-clicking on the desired room and this is returned:

There is no reason to '10' here.

So, I tried it again with another room, same message different number. I counted the steps from starting point to end point... guess what the magic number is? :D

If I attempted to send a command of "10" to the mud, that is what I would get.

Long story short: When I try to speed walk, the map counts to rooms I want to travel and then sends that number to the mud.

I'm using the beta 3.19e - I don't know if this is a CMud mapping problem or a beta problem but most likely I'm thinking its operator error. :P
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 pm   

now im using 3.19f - if that makes a difference with the same results.
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 am   

Have been working at it again. Still nothing. I've only recently started using the mapper (less than a week) so I don't even know where to begin to look to troubleshoot. I've tried speed walking in all the modes (Fast/safe/slow) and get an error pop-up message for when I try it in slow mode. Fast/Safe received same results as before.

Error Parsing Command:
#SLOW {.[]}

Even if you are unsure of the solution, what can I do to possibly trouble shoot?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:40 pm   

I believe that the bug with double-clicking on the map is a known bug.
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 pm   

Ive tried to speedwalk by right-clicking the desired room as well. Ive tried searching the forums trying to find documentation similar to this and have not seen any. I do have speedwalking enabled in the setting for double-click as well.
nuhp
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 pm   

I had the same issue with CMUD PRO 3.26, but instead of the number 10, the number of rooms in the path was sent to the mud, e.g. "2" or "9"...

I had removed the English Directions package and created a custom one. Click "View" in the menu, then "Directions". There I had selected my directions package and everything looked fine. However, if I select "All" instead of my package, two additional directions for "north" appeared, but without assigned characters. After I deleted those two, Speedwalking in the Map worked pretty fine!

*Hint: Directions can not be edited properly using the Package Editor (except in XML), I believe this is a bug?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm   

[edited--misunderstood at first]
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 pm   

Sounds like one of your packages got corrupted with the directions. I'm not seeing any problem editing directions using View/Directions here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: