Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mexranch5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:11 pm   

Log-in Issues with Beta

A couple days ago, I started getting severe lag issues when using Cmud Beta 9.17. After dealing with it repeatedly booting me from the program for the entire night, it finally just wouldn't let me log in any longer. I decided to give up for the night and restarted my computer, thinking maybe it was just the computer. When I got on the next day, I tried to log in and before I even had the chance to put in my username, it put up "enter username" again, I again, tried to put in my username and got the same result.
Figuring I must've somehow gotten a corrupted file, I uninstalled and deleted everything, got back into zuggsoft, downloaded Cmud Beta 9.19 and went about gameplay. It worked fine for a day, still lagging pretty badly. I again had to shut down my computer and when I went to log in the next day, I came about the previous issues, I kept getting it repeatedly every couple of seconds popping up a new log in screen.
Again, I assumed maybe there was a slight chance I had a corrupted file, I uninstalled/deleted everything last night. I reinstalled everything this morning and now it won't accept my liscense key, saying it was expired...even though I only got the new key 2 days ago and it's supposed to be good for 7 days. For some reason, I'm being allowed to use the trial version of 9.19 but, I'm still encountering the original issues of the repeated log-in.
Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? I'm kinda lost as to anything else I can try.
Thanks!
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:46 pm   

You mean 3.19?
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 pm   

Could it perhaps be the MUD you're connecting to and not CMUD? I'm curious as to what login screen you're referring to other than the 'remember my username / password' prompt. If that's indeed the screen you're getting then the 'stop asking me' button should disable it. As for the lag, you should check the task manager and check whether or not Cmud is using up a large amount of processing power. Checking out if this happens on another MUD would help locate the problem, as well.

Also, make sure you downloaded the right version of Cmud, if you have a Pro key then it won't work for the non-pro versions and vice-versa.
mexranch5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 pm   

Yes I meant 3.19, dunno where I got the other number from, heh. As far as the log-in screen, as an example, I play several IRE games, when I log into Cmud, those game options pop up. I click on Achaea and it brings up "Enter character name" and then "password". That's where I'm talking about. There's no chance to enter the information before it starts popping up those questions two blocks at a time with only a couple seconds between each text block asking for log-in information.

I do in fact have the right version, I checked as soon as I first had the problem. I'm figuring the lag was part of the whole main issue because everything else I'm doing runs fantastic. It's just Cmud that I'm having a problem with.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:56 pm   

Sounds like something is being sent to the mud that you can't see. When you get to the session selection screen, right click your session, select edit, go to the 'Auto Login' tab and make sure the 'Automatically use this name and password to log in' checkbox is unmarked. If that doesn't work, then try disabling all triggers using the gun icon on the lower right, when you get to the login screen. Lastly, if you're using something like mudbot to connect to the MUD, try connecting directly.
mexranch5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:00 am   

Thanks for the help, so far turning off the triggers helped. We'll see what happens in the coming days and I"ll let you know if anything else weird pops up
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 am   

What you can do is open up the script debugger, under tools, and it will tell you exactly what triggers are firing; They're even clickable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: