Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm   

[3.16B-previous versions?]BUG: Reformatting creates an extra brace

Pretty simple, actually, and pretty weird. This bug was discovered trying to help someone else off the General discussion forum, but I don't know if it exists in any other versions.

Start your untitled session as normal.
Go to Settings, select New->Alias. Name it whatever you want.
Paste the following in the value of the alias:
Code:
#if (%null( %roomid)) {
#noop %maplocked( 0)
#noop %roomid(,%1)
#noop %maplocked( 1)
#echo "Roomname [" %1 "]"
} {#echo "The room already has the ID [" %roomid "]"}

Save, then go to Editor->Reformat Script.

You'll see it changes it from the current code and adds a brace in it. It now looks like:
Code:
#if (%null( %roomid)) {
{
  #noop %maplocked( 0)
  #noop %roomid(,%1)
  #noop %maplocked( 1)
  #echo "Roomname [" %1 "]"
  } {#echo "The room already has the ID [" %roomid "]"}

Of course, this screws up scripts as it now has unmatched braces.

Charneus

Last edited by charneus on Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm   

I can't replicate this. I guess you mean Editor->Reformat Script. Do you still have the Wizard turned on or have you turned it off? Have you got advanced tabs showing too?
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm   

Are you pasting it exactly as is? Not making any modifications to it? I'm able to replicate this with/without advanced tabs, with/without Script wizard. And this is in an untitled session with no packages loaded, etc. I'm not sure why you're not able to replicate it at all, but I'm able to consistently reproduce it without fail.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:59 am   

I can't reproduce it in a blank session either. Not sure what's going on with your version Charneus. I can't even think of a way to get this to fail unless the Special Characters have been corrupted and you have a Default.Pkg file overriding the defaults for a blank session.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:08 am   

charneus wrote:
Are you pasting it exactly as is?

Yes. I tried it over 5 times too, setting the wizard on/off and advanced tabs on/off it just wouldn't fail.

Is your install an upgraded one? I imagine that Zugg was testing in a fresh install and I know I am.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:13 pm   

Uninstalled CMUD, deleted all base files (including default packages). Followed my steps above, and once again, it produced the same results in an untitled session. If I could log into Zugg Store, I'd completely delete everything in the registry pertaining to CMUD and rebuild that with a brand new install as well, but for whatever reason, the Store is down or something...

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:42 pm   

Quote:
but for whatever reason, the Store is down or something...

Ah, what? The store isn't down and hasn't been down for months. What problem are you having with it (you should probably create a separate topic for that)
Quote:
I'd completely delete everything in the registry pertaining to CMUD

CMUD doesn't use anything in the registry except the path to your User Session Data Files that you set when you installed CMUD. So that isn't going to have any effect.

Anyway, I just tried this on a couple of other computers, some with CMUD already installed and some without any previous CMUD and couldn't get it to fail on any of them either. I even tried doing it with clicking Save Changes first, or not clicking anything else first. With and without the wizard enabled, etc. Tried Win7, Vista, and XP with no change. I'm completely perplexed on this one.

Could other people try this so we can determine if anybody else can reproduce it or if Charneus' computer is just cursed?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm   

Regarding the store, apparently Chrome doesn't like it. Firefox works just fine for me in accessing the store.

Thought I'd post a little update, though... I don't know what it could be, but even with the 3.17 release, it's still doing it. This is incredibly strange, too. I suppose if you give me details of what files are used in an untitled session, I can email those to you to see if you can replicate the problem that way...

Charneus
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 am   

If you type the trigger by hand, without copy/pasting anything, does it make any difference? Just thinking perhaps there's some character being copied there that isn't being translated to the boards.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 am   

Nah, GS, because I'm copying it directly from the above, and so are they... so it's probably more my computer being cursed for some reason, which is really odd. This is the first time I've had something that I can replicate that no one else can even being to replicate... :\

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:14 am   

Install CMUD 3.17 to a completely new directory on your computer (like C:\NewCMUD317 or something like that) and then tell it to put the data files into the same directory as the application files. That will ensure that *ALL* files are within the C:\NewCMUD317 folder. Then run CMUD, press ESC, click the Settings button, click New/Alias, enter "Test" for the name, then paste the above script, then select Editor/Reformat.

If it still happens in that kind of completely clean install, then all I can think of is some sort of Windows system file that is screwing with this, and that would be outside of my control.

After you are done with this test you'll want to reinstall CMUD again and select the normal %DOCUMENTS% data file location to get back to using your normal CMUD files. I use this trick (reinstalling) to change the Data Files directory all the time to test various different sets of sessions files with different versions.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:39 pm   

Well, appears that it is something Windows related, which is odd... I have Windows 7 Ultimate, if it matters any.

I wonder which file setting could be doing this, however. I also wonder WHY it's doing it... Thanks anyway!

Charneus
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 am   

Well, Charn asked me to try, and I can't replicate it with win7 ultimate either.. so *shrug* Just saying, Charn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: