Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
treimor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:52 am   

Request for new functionality

Okay, I'm a mudder and hate me I'm drunk, so i did not search the forum before posting this. If 75 people have posted this before, I apologize. There is my disclaimer.

I have not seen the option, so bear with me if it already exists. I love the idea of the trigger wizard and such, but I want an option for a power user where when I open my trigger/alias/etc. settings, when I go to a setting that already pre-exists it defaults to the commands. I get frustrated because it defaults to the wizard, and I'm working on a setting, and I have to click to the third tab to edit anything. Is it possible to have a preference to default to (on a pre-existing setting) the commands already entered? I like tweaking my commands a lot; I build from the basics to the complex, so its a lot of window swapping and such.

I.E. I make a trigger, close the window because I'm pretty sure it works. I test it, and it does not. I want the next time I open the window and click on said trigger, it goes straight to my commands I've entered, and not the wizard for said trigger. I have over 400 trigs for my current mud, and when I tweak settings, it can be very frustrating.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:36 pm   

Open up Settings, then go to Editor and untick 'Use Script Wizard'. Of course, you'll have to switch back to it if you want to use it...

Charneus
Daskalos
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:02 pm   

While on the topic... how about a find and replace feature?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:04 pm   

Already have that, too... Editor -> Replace...

If you're talking about a global one, your best bet is to probably export all to xml, open it up in a notepad editor, and replace that way.

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: