Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sproingie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:34 pm   

Triggering on the raw telnet stream?

I'm not sure what the syntax is for expressing raw bytes in triggers. Specifically I want to match on telnet negotiation for some arbitrary telnet option # I picked out for an experimental protocol. If I'm using a regex, can I match, say, IAC WILL as %/\xff\xfb/? I know about the built-in functionality for telnet SB, but is there anything I should be using for other telnet sequences?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:03 am   

You need to set up a "Prompt" Telnet trigger. Create a Telnet trigger and set the telnet option you want to fire on. Turn off the "Trigger on NewLine" option and turn ON the "Trigger on Prompt" option. This will cause your trigger to fire during the "IAC WILL Option" sequence. To send a response back to the MUD, use #SENDRAW:

#SENDRAW %char(255)%char(253)%char(optionnumber)

When CMUD detects that you are sending a response to this message, it should suppress the normal IAC DONT response.

To trigger on the IAC SB Option you create another telnet trigger for the same option number but with the "Newline" option enabled and the "Prompt" option disabled. Then the raw SB channel data will be available in the %0 variable. The parsing of that data is up to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: