Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:09 pm   

[3.16b] Docking the DB window into main output window

I've tried and tried, can figure out howto dock the database window tabbed into my main output window
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:16 am   

I don't think it's possible. It's a direct port from zMUD and doesn't support docking.
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 am   

zmud supported docking of the DB window, and it would save with layout, so it would be open on a new session... i keep forgetting to open the dang thing in cmud
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm   

Right, but ZMud used a totally different and very incompatible docking scheme. It looks like Zugg purposely disabled docking for the DB module but either overlooked this or chose not to do the same to the old mapper.

At any rate, exactly because it's a direct copy from ZMud you wouldn't want to dock it anyways. Being docked, the DB module would be inaccessible to everything else the same as if you closed the window.

Also, the DB module does save with the layout--just not very reliably. Sometimes it won't save its state at all, sometimes it will. If it appears on session opening, sometimes the state of the database file would not be preserved (ie, sometimes it would stay open, sometimes it would close and you'd have to open it again).
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm   

As said, you can't. Not until I rewrite the DB module to use the CMUD docking system, which won't be until the entire database module gets rewritten to use SQLite.

The window docking system in zMUD and CMUD are completely different.
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm   

bleh, i gave up using the built in db, keep forgetting to open it when i open cmud.

in zmud t opened with my session as it was docked... now i go on a global, and nothing is looked up because i forgot to open the db...

I just went to using ADODB and SQLite3... EVERYTHING works in it.. i know there is #SQLDB, but it frankly sucks atm... missing a lot of stuff, has some wierd open bugs, etc. I dont think SQLite was fully implemented into the latest cmud.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:35 pm   

No, as Zugg said above, he has not fully implemented SQLite yet. However, if there are bugs in #SQLDB, you should report them. That is the purpose of beta testing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:22 pm   

Quote:
i know there is #SQLDB, but it frankly sucks atm

There are no known bugs on my bug list regarding #SQLDB
Quote:
missing a lot of stuff

I am not aware of anything it is "missing".
Quote:
keep forgetting to open it when i open cmud.

You can try putting a #DBLOAD command into your OnConnect event
Quote:
I dont think SQLite was fully implemented into the latest cmud.

Not sure what you mean. SQLite is fully used in CMUD for everything *except* the Database Module which requires a complete rewrite from scratch. That rewrite is a large project and has to be prioritized with the many other projects on my list (mapper stuff, unicode, etc)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: