Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darkcourtjester

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 am   

Point Counter

I'm a bit stuck, it's probably because my mind is drawing blanks.

What I'm trying to achieve is a character bot that will keep track of arena scores, trivia point scores and any other 'quest' type scores. It will obviously be a manual thing. The mud I play on allows for up to 3 character multi-play, 1 character will be running the counter and I'd like to have it where I could controller it with another.

example would be:
Quote:

Player0 tells BotCharacter, 'add point Player1'

Player0 quest-says, 'score'

BotCharacter quest-says, 'Player1 has 1 point(s), Player2 has 3 point(s), Player4 has 1 point(s), Player3 has 0 point(s).'

I have a bot list which seperates into a string list for player names (i.e. "Player1|Player2|Player3|" and so on) and I can individually keep track of player scores(i.e. Variable for <Playername>points and an add trigger of #add <Playername>points 1) but the problem is combining them so that I can get it to display something like the example's "BotCharacter quest-says, 'Player1 has 1 point(s), Player2 has 3 point(s), Player4 has 1 point(s), Player3 has 0 point(s).'" text. It's easy to use this for getting a players points individually, if the player quest-says score then give them their current score but what I'm really shooting for here is for all players that are added to the string list/bot list will get their scores at once.

If anyone has any ideas, simpler way or anything I'd appreciate it.
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 pm   

I did something similar to this once. The hardest part is not adding points, but sorting them out into who has the most points. That's fun.
Here's something for you:

#trigger {{@PlayerList} quest-says, 'score'} {#execute qsay %expandlist( %subregex( @PlayerList, "(\w+)", "%%1 has @%%1points point(s)."))}

*EDIT* I forgot to say, in case you don't realize, to just replace @PlayerList with the name of whatever variable you use to store the list of competitors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: