Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 pm   

New mudstandards.org web site!

I've been working with Jeremy at Iron Realms and several other MUD and Client developers to set up a new web site: mudstandards.org. This web site will be used to host and improve the various MUD standards, such as MXP. It will also be used to help develop a brand new MUD Mapping Protocol (MMP). I encourage everybody who is interested in helping to participate on this site.

Here is the official announcement about this site posted by Jeremy/Avasyu:
Quote:
With the combined help of Mike Potter of Zuggsoft, Nick Gammon of MUSHClient, Heiko Koehn and Vadi of Mudlet, Lasher of Aardwolf, and Tomas Mecir of Iron Realms, we have begun work on a centralized location to collaborate on existing MUD protocols, proposed enhancements, and new protocol creations.

You can check it out here:

MudStandards.org

We are currently using a wiki format to document this data, and a forum to discuss how to improve documentation and the protocols in an effort to improve knowledge, implementation, examples, and in the end, the player experience. This is a work in progress that so things are still getting into place, but we really hope it will take off.

If you are interested in assisting with this endeavor you can register for the forums here:

MudStandards.org Forum

However! For the time being we are only accepting people who have MUD development experience of some type (coding, clients, owners, etc). If you fall into that category and would like to participate, just register for the forum and shoot me an email at jeremy@mudstandards.org.

This is not an IRE project, nor do I want it to be. I feel strongly that even though we are a group that competes against each other for ‘clients’, we all benefit from collaborating on projects like this, sharing our knowledge, and increasing the player experience on all our games through group effort.

One more thing of note, and although it is not documented well yet, Iron Realms Entertainment has decided to make ATCP an open format that anyone can use for their games. As it is supported by all the major clients, it is something that could be added to your games at any time.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or shoot me an email at jeremy@mudstandards.org.

If you have any questions about this site, feel free to post them here too and I'll try to answer. I personally think it's great to have this kind of help in improving the MUD standards. It's nice to see the major players in the community coming together for this.
Avasyu
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:10 am   

Hey folks, We have just opened up the site so that anyone can register, post to some selected boards, and of course read everything. However, if you want to contribute directly to the protocol discussions, you will still have to email me for the time being, until we get a better system worked out.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: