Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 am   

Connecting to DragonRealms

I have a problem connecting to my favorite mud called DragonRealms. Can anyone help?

http://www.play.net/dr/

I wonder why it's not on the list anymore...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:24 pm   

Dragonrealms (and other Simutronics games) stopped paying for a startup icon in CMUD and zMUD several years ago. You should contact them to let them know that you'd like to see them put their MUD icon into CMUD/zMUD again in the future so that they will know what their customers want.

In any case, to connect Simutronics uses a proprietary login protocol, which CMUD supports. For instructions on how to connect to a Simutronics game, read the Simutronics page in the online help.
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 am   

Thanks. Any reason why it's not on the mud connector list though?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm   

Not sure what you mean...you mean the Mud Connector list within CMUD? Both DragonRealms and Gemstone are in the Mud Connector list on my copy of CMUD.
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Not sure what you mean...you mean the Mud Connector list within CMUD? Both DragonRealms and Gemstone are in the Mud Connector list on my copy of CMUD.

That's funny. None of those are on mine - how can that be? There is something called Dragon Realms but that's a different mud...

I have the latest Beta.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 am   

I can confirm that they don't appear. I think this might be an old bug you started kicking around fixes for but had to stop working on to focus on more important things (no doubt related to a then-upcoming version release you promised a couple days prior), but that might only have been a related bug. At any rate, the mudconnector.xml file has the data for the missing muds and doesn't seem to be malformed in any way.

Anywho, the fact that some users can see the properly formed list and some can't suggests some file damage. Is there a way to reset the list other than using the Get button (it seems to run through all its code just fine, but nothing changes with regards to the list)? I didn't see any obvious files, and deleting the muds.db file simply brings up error messageboxes related to sessions.db and sessionkeys.db and CMud just stops working because of that.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 am   

Weird. I'll check the actual file being distributed with CMUD. But deleting the muds.db file should also work fine. The MUD connector list is completely optional for CMUD. In fact, I just deleted the muds.db file on my system here and CMUD still worked fine, so I'm not sure what is causing the errors you mentioned about sessions.db and sessionkeys.db.

Edited: I did confirm that the mud list being distributed is missing the Simutronics muds. I was using a newer file, but the CMUD install builder was taking an older list from a different directory on my computer. I've updated this file so the next release will have the updated list.

CMUD isn't going to get the Simutronics Muds from the Get Update function because the MUD Connector doesn't have the needed special flags to trigger the CMUD Simutronics login procedure. I probably added these manually to my own file here which is why I have them and others don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: