Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cromaine
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 pm   

Directions messed up in mapper, and exception problems

First, for some reason my directions must have gotten messed up. Now speedwalking runs into problems all the time, and it seems to be fouling up the directions like substitting nw for se and stuff. In the help files, I see somethign directing me to View|Directions, but I don't see that in my menu. I'm on CMUD 2.37. Had been working fine for several weeks until today.

Second, I get exception errors whenever I try to log (e.g., File|New Log). Any idea how to start diagnosing the problem here?

Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 am   

For the directions you can try deleting the "English Directions.pkg" file and then reinstall CMUD to get a fresh copy of that file. That is where the default directions are stored. The View|Directions means to select the "Directions" option within the "View" menu. If you don't have a View menu or a Directions option within it, then your CMUD files are seriously screwed up. You might try deleting any CMUD.TBZ and CMUD.XLY file you can find, and then hold down the SHIFT key and use the Open Offline action to open your session to reset the session toolbar and layout.

For the error with File/New Log, I've never seen that before, so post the detailed crash dump here for more help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: