Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 pm   

[3.14a] Gagging the prompt & Automapper

I have a trigger that puts the information in my prompt into variables which are used by my statusbar, gauges, etc to display the information. Since I have this information presented in the way I would prefer it, I'd like to gag the prompt to reduce the visual noise in the main mud window.

This all works fine except for when I'm mapping. It seems my prompt trigger is firing (and then gagging) the prompt before the automapper can see that it's arrived so the new room is never actually created. This doesn't make much sense to me though since when I move around in Follow mode my location is updated as normal but that's all I can think of. When I remove my #gagspace it all works as normal.

I've tried explicitly tagging this as the prompt (#tag prompt etc) to no avail, I've tried playing with the trigger priority but that avenue has so far proved fruitless as well.

Any suggestions on how I can go about this? I know can just disable the prompt gagging while I'm mapping but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

Thanks!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:26 am   

In mapper config, remove all traces of the prompt settings and check the No Prompt setting. The basic problem is that if you have those "prompt" settings in place CMud is going to look for a prompt and is never going to find one because you got rid of it already. Ergo, configuration mismatch.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 am   

That makes complete sense yet it still doesn't work when the prompt is gagged. Weird behavior. I guess I'll just keep the prompt on. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: