Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ranai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 pm   

Problem with MudBot

I know, I keep reading there's no need for MudBot...but i have no clue how to write codes or triggers and the help files just confuse me. Yes, I'm a total ludite. So I like MudBot. I used it with zmud until my old computer died. Now I am using CMUD and I finally figured out how to connect through mudbot. My problem is, I can't make changes like I used to.

For example, I would type `d178, to set it to drink health when it got below 178. Now, there is no recognition of the command. The trigger is going off at whatever the default setting is, but would like to apply my limited knowledge at changing things.

By the way, I wouldn't be apposed to learning how to write triggers, I just can't seem to find anything in plain English that tells me how.

Thank you!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:04 am   

Go to the CMud helpfile and read the Getting Started section. The Scripting subsection will explain the different ways of how to create triggers and other settings. It's faster than waiting for another player to lead you through the same exact stuff, anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:18 am   

I'll look over it again. I feel like a complete idiot most of the time with that stuff, I read it and STILL have no clue what it means....I'm thinking of switching to Lua, I understand math, so maybe that will work better for me
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 am   

Cmud is eating the ` character, even if you have it turned off as a special character. That's why mudbot is not understanding your input.
Ranai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:08 pm   

Is there any way to fix that?
Martaigne
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 pm   

Try quoting it with a tilde (~) in the command line.

i.e. ~`d178

I do highly recommend learning how to script in CMUD, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm   

Thanks, someone in-game finally helped figure it out, he had the same problem at first (he's also helping me with scripting, I'm a slow learner)

General Stonewall, you were actually on the money, I needed to turn off the special charecter, that mad it stop eating it.

Again, thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: