Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DanteX
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 pm   

[3.14a] Importing a zmud session inserts settings into existing sessions

Earlier today I imported a zmud session to CMUD... and discovered tonight that the settings of an existing session had gotten triggers and aliases at least inserted from the session I imported. They ended up in folders with the same names... basically duplicating some of my settings (those already converted to cmud) and screwing up the entier session with settings that don't compile, etc...

I have no idea how this old session could have gotten these settings other than an internal messup in cmud, as I had crashes during importing... haven't had time yet to look at other sessions if something happened there also.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 am   

Unless the other session was open somehow, there is no way for this to happen. There is no way for CMUD to modify a *.PKG file that isn't currently open in your session.

If you did have another session open, then I could see several ways for importing a zMUD session to cause problems. Remember that zMUD sessions have no concept of packages, windows, or modules. Importing into existing sessions is always going to look for matching class folders because it thinks you are just trying to update your current settings.

When importing a zMUD session, you should always do this from a blank session. Get it converted into a clean CMUD package before opening up any other sessions.
DanteX
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 am   

Hm. I might have had this open in the background when I did the importing. I cannot remember now. I did think that when an importing is made, a separate session is creating that had nothing whatsoever to do with sessions open at the moment.

I will remember this for future importings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: