Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
XonDK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 pm   

[3.14a] Bug: Cmud at times goes 'always on top' for no real reason.

Sometimes cmud seems to set itself to be 'always on top' in my version with vista 64, it seems to happen randomly

It is the main session window that seems to have the problem.
I'm fairly certain of this since it also decides to be 'on top' of its own windows, such as option->general window, or settings window, when it behaves like this.

If there isn't a way to see what cmud has set itself to already in terms of always on top, it would be nice with an option so you could turn it off when it does this?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:48 pm   

There is a bug in Windows (has been for decades) if multiple windows enable the "stay on top" function. You control this option in CMUD by clicking on the "System menu icon" which is in the upper-left corner of each window. Make sure the "Stay on top" option is off. This setting is stored in your CMUD.INI file for each window (package editor, sessions, main window, etc).

Dockable windows (like session panels) will *always* be "on top" of the main application window. They are treated by the window docking system like dockable toolbars and cannot be hidden behind the main window.

Anyway, check the system icon in the upper-left corner when this happens. If you have any windows with this option enabled and then you get any sort of popup error message that Windows tries to put "on top", then the Windows z-order queue gets messed up. I worked for months with zMUD trying to find workarounds to this bug when Windows XP first came out and never succeeded.
XonDK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm   

Seems like it was my own fault, was a conflict with a multi monitor app I have, namely ultramon, ultramon got removed since I'm not really using it anyway, and everything works fine now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: