Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:06 pm   

Getting a lot less crash dumps on v3.14a

It looks like getting rid of the docking command line in CMUD has made a big difference in stability. Now that I have some statistics over a couple of weeks, the crash dumps for CMUD v3.14a are *way* down compared to previous beta versions (and especially compared to the 2.37 public version).

If you still have *.TBZ toolbar layout files from previous versions, it can still cause stray command line toolbars to get displayed. So in the next version, I'm actually going to change the file extension of the toolbar customization files (probably to *.TLY) so that everybody using the next version will get a fresh start with a clean toolbar layout.

It's always been the *.TBZ toolbar layout rather than the *.XLY window layout that has caused the most problems with corrupted layouts. So forcing everybody to get a fresh toolbar layout should be a big help.

The downside is that anybody who has customized their CMUD main menu or main toolbar will need to reapply those changes in the next version. Since the toolbar customization is not yet documented, I doubt this will effect many people. And if you heavily modified your menus or toolbar, you can always still just copy the existing *.TBZ file to the new *.TLY file extension and it will work, except that it might also bring over some hidden/corrupted command line toolbars, so I don't really recommend doing this.

Probably another two weeks for the next version. Still not quite ready for Public release status until I can fix the various remaining command line and keyboard focus issues caused by changing the command line. But we are definitely getting closer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: