Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Thufir
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am   

[3.14a] FTP causes CMud to hang

When connecting to FTP through CMud Pro, it does make the connection, but the program completely hangs. There is no box to send a report, as it just stops responding.

I see the following in the FTP portion of the window:

Connected
Connection established
Starting FTP transfer

And that's where it stops responding. I have to kill the program and restart.

This only seems to happen when I connect to FTP; but this is the first CMud beta I've tried, so I can't say for certain that it's the program, as it may be something on my system. But FTP works fine from the Windows command line, as well as PuTTY's PSFTP program.

Has anyone else seen this trouble using FTP through CMud? If it's something I can check on my computer to tell if it's that or a program bug, I'll be happy to do so.

The versions I'm using:
CmudPro 3.14a
Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3 - All security updates from Microsoft Update are installed

Thufir
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:25 pm   

Does CMud resume responding if you hit the escape key? Some popup windows can be hidden behind windows you gave stay-on-top preference to, and the escape key closes down the window CMud is waiting for you to respond to.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm   

I just tried hitting escape, and it had no effect at all on the program. It still showed as not responding, and I had to kill it completely.

Any other ideas?
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 am   

Can you give details of the FTP server you are trying to connect to ?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm   

Yeah, I need more details on your FTP connection and network setup. I cannot reproduce any problem with FTP here. CMUD uses the "Passive" FTP mode by default, so maybe that is causing a problem with your server.

Is there any way to give me a login on your FTP server so I can test it from here? If so, email me the details to zugg@zuggsoft.com.
Thufir
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 am   

Sorry all it's been crazy at work, so I've not had a chance to reply for a bit.

Anyway - I've tried an anonymous server, which worked okay, so it's got to be something with the server. It is a redhat server running ProFTPD.

I can make a login for you, but I tried a few things, and think I found at least part of the trouble is on the server end. I'll make one if it's still needed after another question:

I tried with an editor that can do passive FTP transfer (UltraEdit - text editor, but a rather nice one) and passive had trouble. The account I was trying to use with CMudPro also had trouble WITHOUT passive, but trying another account (non-passive) did work - so part of it is with the account. I'll probably just recreate the account and see what I can do there.

But as turning passive off did work --- Is there a way to turn off Passive in the CMudPro settings? I don't see anything about it in the zftp.ini file, or I'd just adjust it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:36 pm   

I'll add the Passive option to the Preferences in the next version. Right now CMUDPro has Passive mode hardcoded. I guess some older servers still have trouble with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: