Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm   

Clear Editor Window

Is there anyway to programmatically clear the text Editor window? I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to do it.

This is on a mush and I have an alias/trigger thing setup so I can type something like 'edit <obj> <attribute>' and it'll put the mushcode into the editor for me. I'd like to be able to clear it so I don't have to manually select all/delete each time I want to edit a different piece of code.

Thanks for any help.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:03 am   

Hmm, that's a tough one. The #CLR command doesn't support the editor window, so it's not something obvious.

I tried playing with the #MENU command, but the Editor|Edit|Select All command only works if the editor window already has focus. Maybe somebody will think of something clever, but I can't think of anything myself.

You might want to check to see if the MUD supports the MCP (MUD Client Protocol). It has some codes that can be used to send text to CMUD to edit a file and then send it back again. The MCP protocol isn't really set up to work locally, but there might be a way to trick it. In CMUDPro/TeSSH you can also use the "#FTP edit filename" command to download a remote file directly into the editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: