Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 pm   

PCRE78.dll Error Solved

I narrowed it down to realizing that the error message only appears when launching CMUD when Skype is already running.

Oddly triggers continue working just fine if I open CMUD, then open skype, and continue using CMUD.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm   

Wow, that is very interesting. That must mean that Skype is also using PCRE somehow and it is interfering with CMUD. Never heard of anything like this before, but thanks for letting everybody know what the problem was.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 pm   

Actually I did a tiny bit more testing, they can both open at the same time generally, it's something to do with avast! internet security causing a conflict with skype and cmud. If I uninstalled avast they work no matter which order they are opened in now.

I believe it is specifically "avast internet security" (http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Internet-Security/3000-18510_4-75095376.html?part=dl-85737&subj=dl&tag=button as well and not avast Free antivirus or avast Pro antivirus, I'm assuming it has to do with the firewall.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am   

I have no idea how a Firewall could prevent the DLL from loading. It's more likely that Avast is trying to scan the DLL before loading it and doesn't like it for some reason, or gets it locked while CMUD is trying to load it. I have the Free Avast running here and it doesn't do anything like that, so maybe it's just something odd about their "Internet Security" product, which I don't actually use.

I'm assuming that you've already updated it to the most recent version of Avast in case it was a problem they fixed?

Is there any sort of "white list" that you can add CMUD to?
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:40 am   

Uninstalled the Internet Security package, retried with Avast Pro, that auses the issue as well. Uninstalled that, installed the free version, that on the other hand is just fine thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: