Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 pm   

[3.13] Window behavior when bringing to front

I have a couple problems with the TeSSH window behavior when multiple windows are open:

Setup for both issues:
- I have multiple connection windows open (and not tabbed).
- Each connection window is set to have a Taskbar icon, and stay-on-top is disabled.
- The 'extra' TeSSH connection windows partially overlap the main TeSSH window (For issue #2).

Issue 1.
Is there a way to un-link the TeSSH windows from each other? What I mean is, if I click on one connection window in the Taskbar to bring it to the front, then all other windows also come to the front, which I don't want.

Issue 2.
When I click on the 'main' TeSSH window, it won't go in front of the other TeSSH windows. Switching between the different 'child' windows will change which of those is on top correctly, it's just the 'main' window that won't go on top.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am   

Issue 1: Nope. All of your windows are still part of the TeSSH application, so clicking a window is bring the TeSSH application to the front of other applications, which shows all the windows. The only way around that is to run multiple copies of TeSSH.

Issue 2: Child windows will always be "on top" of the main application window. That is to prevent windows from getting hidden and trapped behind the application window.

Sorry the window docking system isn't working the way you like. The docking system that I am using really treats the windows like they were "toolbars", which is why they are forced to be on top of the main application. There are just not any other better window docking systems for Delphi that I have found.

The behavior that you are looking for is more like a Windows MDI (multiple document interface), but that doesn't support docking. Maybe someday Microsoft will build an API for proper window docking within Windows instead of wasting their time on making Windows look prettier, but I'm not holding my breath.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: