Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion
kingfish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm   

CMUD Beta 3.12 Issues handling CMUD 2.37 pkg files

I was running with CMUD 2.37 and installed the new beta. I copied my %DOCUMENTS% cmud folder to cmud.old and ran the install. It runs fine if I start a new session. If I try to create a session using the pkg file from 2.37 is gives me an access violation in module cMUD.exe. I reinstall 2.37 and it runs fine with this package. I have tried rebooting but that has no affect. I guess my question is, is there a way to move your 2.37 pkg and database to the new 3.12 version or are they incompatible. If there is what am I doing wrong?

Running
Windows Vista 64

Thanks

-KF
teion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm   

I have this same issue when i try to run cmud beta 3.12
kingfish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:02 pm   Correction beta 3.13 not 3.12

Sorry in the title I mistakenly said Beta 3.12 it is actually beta 3.13 that I was working with.

Thanks

-KF
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:57 am   

Please post questions/problems about the Beta version to the BETA FORUM.

The package format of the beta is the same as v2.37, so if you have a problem loading an existing session, the first thing you should try is to hold down the SHIFT key when connecting to your session to create a new layout file. If that doesn't work, then you should email your *.PKG file to me at sales@zuggsoft.com so I can try it.

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this discussion in the BETA forum. And if you are using BETA versions, you are REQUIRED to read the other posts in the beta forum about what the known bugs already are and about how to post good bug reports.

Locking this now in the main CMUD forum.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: