Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2
Zugg Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Map Conversion utility available (v1.3 BETA)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:08 am   

Are we back on the normal zip format like you originally used? If so, the unzip problem is fixed.

Of course, inside the utility still shows as version 1.0 and the download page shows 1.1 still (I assume that's something we Gurus can go fix or is that offlimits?). Eventually that's going to get a little confusing. Laughing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:21 am   

I am still having issues with that map that I sent earlier but I believe there may be a bigger issue here. I have sent new files that were created with The following steps:

Performed brand new clean install of 3.17 on WinXP.

Created a brand new session.

Connected to the mud.

Created a new map.

Renamed the untiltled zone to Newbieway.

Created new room.

Selected room.

Set Current location to selected room

Selected reconfigure

Set direction to north

Clicked Next

Deselected option for Room Name and clicked Next

Proceeded to map out zone.

Exited CMUD.

I converted this map to zmud format with the 1.2 converter and then opened in zMapper. The zone list is the only item that it fully intact. There are no rooms at all. I was seeing this on my Windows 7 install as well but wanted to verify the issue with a clean install.

Let me know what else you need and I will get it to you right away.

Thanks,

Jamie
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:32 pm   

Palek: As I mentioned a few posts above, I didn't have a chance to fix the problem with your file conversion. It's related to some zMapper stuff and I was more focused on TeSSH and general users in this update. I'll try to look at your file before the next release.

Matt: If you right-click on the MapConvert.exe file and go to Details, it should say 1.2 for the File version. That's the version that I can control in Delphi and is the same version string that gets updated in CMUD. I had forgotten to update the version on the Downloads page, so I've done that now. Thanks for the reminder.
Palek
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 am   

Zugg,

First off thanks for all the work you do on this stuff, I do understand the original files I submitted will be looked at and you are aware of the issue. My last post though points to a new issue, I cannot convert any maps made in 3.17 to the old format. Any maps that are created with 3.17 and converted will not open in CMUD 2.37 or zMapper. I have reproduced this issue a Windows 7 Professional and Windows XP machines.

Thanks,

Jamie
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:53 pm   

Updated this thread topic for v1.3.

Also added Repair button to fix any existing database (zMUD or CMUD) with incorrect default field values and missing indexes.
Desirsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 am   

Will this convert old up/down links in early 3.x versions of CMud to levels or something else functional in the current version, rather than nw/se links that are completely wrong?
NylaCoppola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am   

There is correct now a bug when attempting to change over from a comparative kind to a comparable sort. The motivation behind that is reproduced the database, like the Compress decision in zMapper. So it's positively a perhaps accommodating decision once the bug is fixed.
johnmond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:25 am   

hi if anyone know about games best games for pc Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: