Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rakasha681

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 am   

need input on what should be a simple script

Basically, there is a 6 room stretch of road with some aggro mobs that i want to patrol on a set interval to clear the aggro mobs. I have tried every which way i can come up with to have the path start, then resume when things die, or nothing was in that room, and i always seem to run into problems. The easiest way should be with the mapper. I have the stretch of road mapped, and was trying to use #walk, and #slow to no avail. I was trying to trigger on "* is dead!!" to resume the path using #step, but it seems to run into problems when there are 2 mobs in the room that die in rapid succession, and it tries to do 2 paths at once. I tried triggering the "Exits: *" to do a #stop, then set a new path, but that has problems updating the map to the room you just walked to for obvious reasons, tried with #pause, and a pile of other different ways and nothing seems to work as i intended it. So im just looking for some input as to how other people would do what im trying to do, another set of eyes if you will ;) Thanks!
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm   

Don't do a simple trigger on "* is dead!!" You'll need to do something a bit more complicated, which checks whether there are other mobs to kill. A number of other people who have done similar things grab the list of mobs in the room when they enter, and sequentially deal with each one, before moving on.
rakasha681

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:43 pm   

The problem with that, is the mobs wander, and are sneaky, so no echo when they enter the room. So there may be 1 in the room when i enter, but by the time it is dead, there might be 2 or 3. Hrmm..
Sir5er
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 am   

A thing i sometimes do is update the room everytime a mob dies. I have a queue, and a trigger on my prompt that checks my queue. If i have an action (like check mobs) it will do it on prompt. So evertime a mob dies, add checkmobs to queue, then on prompt checkmobs. You could also have a move item, and add it to your queue if there are no mobs at the end of checkmobs.

Note that this is all done with variables i've set up as flags, so if you're already checking mobs dont add checkmobs to queue ect ect.
This is so i can avoid the double walk you're talking about above.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 am   

Trigger the is dead message issue a kill command for the mob if they have the same keyword, then trigger off a there not here message if you get one to move.

There are many ways to do this and without actual output it is harder to narrow it down to 1 or more ways that would work.
rakasha681

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm   

There are 3 types of mobs wandering that area, so i single kill trigger woulnt work. Also, they are aggro, and attack on sight, so a kill trigger isnt actually needed at all, and thats where ive run into problems. If they werent aggro, it would be a little bit easier. As far as output, i can give you that:

The Bottom of the Canyon
You are standing at the bottom of a steep canyon.
Exits: east west up
A guardian demon is looking for intruders.
(invis) A demon hound circles his master, looking for prey.
A cleric of fate is deep in thought.

Some other realevant echos:
No Way! Your still fighting! <if you try to move while sill in combat>
You do the best you can! <if you try to attack something your already attacking>

Thanks for the help, the gears are already turning with Sir5er's suggestions, but i wont be able to try anything until i get home from work.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 am   

what i might suggest, is go into the zmud forum, pull the simple combat bot and edit that for your needs, it works ok, with some editing it would be fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: