Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
NewMoonMage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am   

CMUD loses settings upon login and freezes

Hi All-

I installed CMUD on Vista x64 (ran installer as admin) then imported my zmud settings (which came from a WinXP machine that I no longer have. I just saved off my entire program files\zmud folder). At first launch it screams about missing my map .mdb file in the C:\Users\%MyName%\Documents\MyGames folder structure, so I moved the .mdb file it was looking for to that location and relaunched CMUD. All appeared to be ok, saw my expected settings with buttons, colors etc and my map loaded up fine.

I then ran a compatibility report in the package editor and it found 4 issues. I removed all aliases which were causing trouble (I didn't use them anyway). 2nd compatibility report came back clean. All still appeared fine. Once I login however I can see a considerable delay after I provide my character password and then I can "see" my settings unload (lose expected colors in the terminal) and CMUD freezes. I have to right click close it... not even the red x responds to clicking.

Any ideas? Is there a log file somewhere I can reference or a debug mode?

Thanks!
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am   

Are your settings in classes? Have you tried disabling them class by class just to get an idea of where the problem is?

The "Changes for ZMud Users" section in the help file can be useful, but it also has a lot of material. Narrowing the problem down before you wade into the help files is probably a good idea.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 pm   

You can also try using the Open Offline action to open your session, then open the Script Debugger window in the Windows menu. Then connect to the MUD using the File/Reconnect menu option. You can then watch the script debugger window to see what scripts are running.

But I've never heard of anything like this that would start removing settings. The only way to remove settings is if your script is using commands like #UNTRIGGER or #UNALIAS or if you are disabling the classes that contain the triggers.
NewMoonMage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 am   

Well, after an upgrade to Windows 7 (fresh install actually) the issue does not occur. I didn't do anything different than what I did on Vista..imported settings, it complained about 4 items which I deleted from the settings, it complained that the /mdb wasn't found in the folder it expected so I copied it over and relaunched Cmud. I then just weeded out some other settings that I didn't use ( so shouldnt have been an issue?) and it has been fine since.

Only one item remains where some of my button items do not work...1 of 4 do. I'll troubleshoot and go from there. Sorry I don't have more info to share!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: